Found 3rd Jan 2011
Havent used ebay for a while but they seem to be changing the rules all the time.
Yesterday I advertised a rower which is obviously too big to go by courier yet ebay insisted I put a delivery option other than collection. So I put delivery at £1000 & stated on the ad 'collection only'. Now ebay have pulled the auction! Also once someone bid 99p for it the BIN price disappeared! Surely it never used to be like that?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

To avoid losing your BIN price when someone bids 99p you have to set a reserve...as soon as it hits that reserve the BIN price disappears.

Also..you should have set the postage to something a little less OTT like £100
Edited by: "spenspuma" 3rd Jan 2011

Banned

your own fault for putting such a stupid amount for delivery

buy nows have always disappeared once the bids start coming in

The reason it would have been taken off is because eBay most likely suspected you of fee avoidance.

You don't get fees added to the postage costs, so by you putting a stupidly high postage cost, they probably assumed you were trying to get out of paying fees.

Also, the only way to keep a buy it now going after a bid has been placed is to add a reserve price which is the same as the buy it now (I think, haven't done it in a long time!)
Edited by: "kimbyanne" 3rd Jan 2011

pinkleponkle

buy nows have always disappeared once the bids start coming in

Not if youve set a reserve......it ONLY disappears when the reserve is reached

Thats because you are doing an auction. If you click fixed price only then it is a buyitnow listing. At the moment you are listing it as an auctionw with the option for a buyitnow...

And you can select collection only... eBay don't force you to offer delivery lol

Original Poster

GentleTouch

And you can select collection only... eBay don't force you to offer … And you can select collection only... eBay don't force you to offer delivery lol

That's the point. Now they do!

spenspuma

To avoid losing your BIN price when someone bids 99p you have to set a … To avoid losing your BIN price when someone bids 99p you have to set a reserve...as soon as it hits that reserve the BIN price disappears.

More fee's. Ebay have more stealth taxes then the bleeding government!

g1bbuk

That's the point. Now they do!

no they dont
you have to set the first option under domestic postage to no postage, local pickup only, works for me. if you cant get it to chose that then pick the courier option which doesnt make you state price and you can state in the description that its is pickup only

jonny619447

More fee's. Ebay have more stealth taxes then the bleeding government!

Yep its a con....but thats Ebay for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Did you know?3055
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769567
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247660
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710987

See more discussions