Groups

Whats going on with LoveFilm?

Any LoveFilm members here?

I try to keep up with all the new dvd releases, so I reserved Sherlock Holmes and Ninja Assassin (it looks like enjoyable nonsense).

However, LoveFilm have pushed back their release dates to mid June, despite being available everywhere else. Also, Where The Wild Things Are was only released recently and it have a 'LONG WAIT' note attached to it - which I presume it means, you can add it to your list but you're not getting it any time soon.

To make matter worse, all the films I've listed are available to watch on their website - for only £3.49 each!

Seriously, I'm considering canceling my subscription.

4 Comments

that's what they do sadly, limited amount of copies between people

there are alternative sites which are similar but the same happens (and sometimes the waits are even longer so i've heard)

Banned

Moved to misc. Not site related feedback.

I have thought this recently as well - dvds you can buy at HMV are still not available, seems a bit rubbish, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered to move to Blockbuster and move my film list over.

Banned

coerce86;8629918

that's what they do sadly, limited amount of copies between peoplethere … that's what they do sadly, limited amount of copies between peoplethere are alternative sites which are similar but the same happens (and sometimes the waits are even longer so i've heard)

if you read the OP you would see its nothing to do with amount of copies available

basically, film companies are withdrawing rental licences until the dvd has been on sale for a few weeks in order to boost sales.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions