What's going on with zavvi

Found 20th Dec 2012
So I placed an order with zavvi, 10 days later and it's not arrived, yet the order I placed 2days later has, I have tried phoning them,but for 2 days I get the same answer message thing,saying they are to busy and to call back later...yet 2 days later its still the same message,!
I have sent messages on there own site, 72hrs later and no reply, sent messages on Facebook...thought I was getting somewhere as someone replied on their page...they would reply to messages within a few hours ,needless to say, they didn't reply, and there's also a lot of people complaining about not receiving goods....
So does anyone have any ideas on what to do next?
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
whats going on: zavvi suck
what to do next: never use them unless not urgent and optional
fanpages may link the zavvi/hut moan thread for reference
I'm facing the same dilemma, and it's not the first time with both Hut and Zavvi that my orders have gone missing, turned or turned up late and not had any replies unless continually chased. Thankfully I only tempt getting stuff that is cheaper and less important with them now in case stuff like this happens. Their service levels are extremely bad!
I had to wait over 10 days for my order from the hut ... Which did eventually turn up the other day. Won't order from them again sizing is all over the place!
They are a pain as so often your order goes through OK then you chase up and it says awaiting stock....but didn`t when order was placed...........proper annoying!!!
Also find that when you get something at a lower price - you'll wait longer than the delivery for buying it when the price has increased again - prometheus was a prime example - I got the blu-ray at £13, dispatch 3-5 days - waited (and chased) for 10 days... but the same version that went up to £16 was dispatched "within 24 hours".......

Swindlers!
Original Poster
Thanks all, I don't think I will be using them in future
Agree - at the moment it's 10+ days to deliver. Four or five through the post at this time of year maybe, but something's fishy with the claimed dispatch date
Original Poster
I'm more annoyed at the fact that no one will reply to anything, no phones are being answered, nothing, it's like they are avoiding all customer contact
What's going on with Zavvi and poor delivery?

The usual, I'd guess.
iduno87

I'm more annoyed at the fact that no one will reply to anything, no … I'm more annoyed at the fact that no one will reply to anything, no phones are being answered, nothing, it's like they are avoiding all customer contact

Cancel the order and buy elsewhere.
IF i do use zavvi, i always pay via paypal. Its surprising how quick they respond when you open a case
Original Poster
gizmouk

Cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

Can't cancel as th order was dispatched 10 days ago
All my orders which were apparently 3-5 days delivery have turned out to be after the 5 days.. But all the delivery companies are really really busy week leading upto xmas!!
brilly

whats going on: zavvi suckwhat to do next: never use them unless not … whats going on: zavvi suckwhat to do next: never use them unless not urgent and optionalfanpages may link the zavvi/hut moan thread for reference

bjp69

inb4 fpHut Group IssuesThe Zavvi appalling customer service thread. … inb4 fpHut Group IssuesThe Zavvi appalling customer service thread. Please contribute if you have suffered at the hands of Zavvi

This tag should cover it...

[ hotukdeals.com/tag…oup ]
Im in same situation

Placed order 11 days ago, estimated delivery was between 3-5 days and got an email the same day to say it had been dispatched but it's still not here. I emailed yesterday but haven't had a reply and I'm not holding out any hope. I really hope it turns up soon as it's for Christmas.
I had the same problem, ordered 2 items on the 7th, one was dispatched the same day & one supposedly on the 9th. The one that was sent on the 7th arrived on the 18th (luckily as it is a Christmas gift) & the one that was sent on the 9th still hasn't arrived. Tried for hours to get through on the phone but keep getting cut off & the only email reply I get is an automated "please wait 10 working days" one.

I won't use them again for buying gifts.
fanpages

Last year I placed an order in November with "Availability: In stock; … Last year I placed an order in November with "Availability: In stock; despatch expected in 24 hours" text on the product page (or words to that effect), & the item was delivered in February this year!PS. Have you tried calling them for an update on despatch?

Not tried calling yet as on another thread it said that you can't get through anyway but i'm going to try now as i've just had an email asking me to review the item and on my account it says there's no outstanding orders. I'm a bit worried that they think it's been delivered.
Don't think i'll be using Zavvi again!
haha very true X)

I just tried ringing and got a message saying they're busy so try again later. Its in the order history but has no information other than dispatched on 9th December and can't b..............oh wait, the postmans here.

It's here whoop whoop! no need to cancel Christmas now X) X)

Thanks for your help, Happy Christmas
I'm still waiting for a game that was "dispatched" on 9th december, tried emailing, no response amd can't get through on the phone... Awful company
Edited by: "souljacker" 21st Dec 2012
I bought two pairs of ear phones off their site last week. Got the package yesterday with one set in... jeez how can you get that wrong?!
I ordered an item a month ago which was 'in stock and despatched within 24 hours'. A week later I phoned and was told there were supply issues and it was going to be after Christams.

Erm, thanks for letting me know.

Waste of time.
havent ordered anything from zavvi or the hut..ever..due to reading folks comments on here

seen a few bargains but cant be doing with the agro

Finally got a reply to my email, they said it was sent out on the 11th and although they realise i wanted it for xmas there is nothing they can do until 14 days have passed and so to contact them on 27th!

Wonderful customer service, they know its for xmas but don't really care, most other sites would have sent a replacement by now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants