Groups
    EXPIRED

Whats happened to the scammer thread...

....did she ask for that to be taken down to. Hmmm

40 Comments

Also noted in the spam thread.

I was thinking the same one minute it was there then gone!

its was rubbish

Banned

Erm at a wild guess, the whole linking to different peoples fb profiles and posting pictures of peoples houses and cars.

Nothing wrong with raising awareness and making people vigilant.

Linking to random peoples houses, addresses and FB pages is stupid though as she has given out what at least 10 names and several addresses? Just be careful it's reminds me horribly of the time a pediatrician was attacked at his home as someone got the wrong end of the stick. Randomly lych mobbing peoples names is not wise as people can get the wrong end of the stick. She has given out so many not all of them can be her.

Admin

Give it time please guys... members are posting up facebook accounts and names of people not even connected to the issue. The thread needs cleaning up- ASB is on it atm

tinkerbell28

Erm at a wild guess, the whole linking to different peoples fb profiles … Erm at a wild guess, the whole linking to different peoples fb profiles and posting pictures of peoples houses and cars. Nothing wrong with raising awareness and making people vigilant.Linking to random peoples houses, addresses and FB pages is stupid though as she has given out what at least 10 names and several addresses? Just be careful it's reminds me horribly of the time a pediatrician was attacked at his home as someone got the wrong end of the stick. Randomly lych mobbing peoples names is not wise as people can get the wrong end of the stick. She has given out so many not all of them can be her.

Could the posts not just been deleted. The people also weren't random. They were addresses\facebook acoounts of people who had been sent items and never paid up.

Banned

dungavel

Could the posts not just been deleted. The people also weren't random. … Could the posts not just been deleted. The people also weren't random. They were addresses\facebook acoounts of people who had been sent items and never paid up.

There were so many names being thrown around on there, they can't all be her. How would you feel if someone used you name to commit a crime and people started linking in your house/address/fb potentially speculating when you were inncoent, then going through your friends lists stalking them.

People were even bring up friends of friends to perv on, it was bang out of order.

tinkerbell28

There were so many names being thrown around on there, they can't all be … There were so many names being thrown around on there, they can't all be her. How would you feel if someone used you name to commit a crime and people started linking in your house/address/fb potentially speculating when you were inncoent, then going through your friends lists stalking them.People were even bring up friends of friends to perv on, it was bang out of order.

thats just general fb stalking X) nowt wrong with that lol

tinkerbell28

There were so many names being thrown around on there, they can't all be … There were so many names being thrown around on there, they can't all be her. How would you feel if someone used you name to commit a crime and people started linking in your house/address/fb potentially speculating when you were inncoent, then going through your friends lists stalking them.People were even bring up friends of friends to perv on, it was bang out of order.

As i said. Not random people. They were people who came from the same area had there names used by the individual.

Banned

micoo

Yeah I know but you wouldn't want people from here stalking you, it's much more fun when it's crazy ex's or the crazy ex's new partner etc X)

micoo

Miccos a pro. What's the score going to be tonight lad?

micoo

Just to confirm. It was an American fitness instructor who has a youtube account of her fitness regimes. Nothing to do with facebook or any relation to the scammer, but a twitter follower of a person by the name katlou1.

Banned

dungavel

As i said. Not random people. They were people who came from the same … As i said. Not random people. They were people who came from the same area had there names used by the individual.

They CAN'T all be the same person can they, what is so hard for you to understand? Obviously the mods get that and are on the case. You can't just name people, link to all their personal details in writing on the net when you don't know it's them, and speculationg, and it's a case of mistaken/stolen identity. The consequences could be huge.

So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the people scammed should set up a private group somewhere.

tinkerbell28

Yeah I know but you wouldn't want people from here stalking you, it's … Yeah I know but you wouldn't want people from here stalking you, it's much more fun when it's crazy ex's or the crazy ex's new partner etc X)

lol, me and my mate spent an hour fb stalking every girl called claire from the kirkcaldy/glenrothes region to see if he knew a girl i hooked up with X) gotta love fb

Adam2050

Miccos a pro. What's the score going to be tonight lad?

3-1 cole to bag a double and torres the other if he plays
    Edited by: "micoo" 16th Sep 2010

tinkerbell28

Yeah I know but you wouldn't want people from here stalking you, it's … Yeah I know but you wouldn't want people from here stalking you, it's much more fun when it's crazy ex's or the crazy ex's new partner etc X)

I stalk you!! oO

Syzable

I stalk you!! oO

I stalk your xbox.

Banned

Syzable

I stalk you!! oO

Oh you are allowed X)

Adam2050

I stalk your xbox.

Is that why i got the red ring?? X)

tinkerbell28

Oh you are allowed X)

tinkerbell28

They CAN'T all be the same person can they, what is so hard for you to … They CAN'T all be the same person can they, what is so hard for you to understand?

I originally stated that the posts should be deleted not a thread removed. The real question is why can't you understand this? Why do you need the whole thread to be removed? Why can't the offending posts just be removed?

tinkerbell28

So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the … So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the people scammed should set up a private group somewhere.

What pitchfork? Where did i claim that these people should be named and shamed?

Syzable

Is that why i got the red ring?? X)

I can fix that if you need. Just need some new paste.

lol

Banned

tinkerbell28

They CAN'T all be the same person can they, what is so hard for you to … They CAN'T all be the same person can they, what is so hard for you to understand?

tinkerbell28

So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the … So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the people scammed should set up a private group somewhere.

juliet_bravo

Give it time please guys... members are posting up facebook accounts and … Give it time please guys... members are posting up facebook accounts and names of people not even connected to the issue. The thread needs cleaning up- ASB is on it atm

Have you read this post or not? They have taken the thread off to remove personal details and check posts and will put it back -post 6, fgs.

tinkerbell28

tinkerbell28

So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested … So drop the pitchfork and use some common sense as has been suggested the people scammed should set up a private group somewhere.

juliet_bravo

Give it time please guys... members are posting up facebook accounts and … Give it time please guys... members are posting up facebook accounts and names of people not even connected to the issue. The thread needs cleaning up- ASB is on it atm

Yes, but at the time when i was composing my original post that you took offense to this was not there. To summarise my argument from the beginning was that unlike you i felt that only the offending posts should be removed and not the whole thread. And that these people weren't random, but where either linked to the scammer directly, friends or people in the surrounding area.

Si mentioned nothing about tighting your threads, thought that was little much as your clamps might be a little soft.

Adam2050

Si mentioned nothing about tighting your threads, thought that was little … Si mentioned nothing about tighting your threads, thought that was little much as your clamps might be a little soft.

I have had reconstructive surgery and am now a sexy sleek slim

ASB has tidied up a bit, it is back on

Banned

dungavel

Yes, but at the time when i was composing my original post that you took … Yes, but at the time when i was composing my original post that you took offense to this was not there. To summarise my argument from the beginning was that unlike you i felt that only the offending posts should be removed and not the whole thread. And that these people weren't random, but where either linked to the scammer directly, friends or people in the surrounding area.

threads that advertise personal information are pulled for clean up, i am guessing there was more than one post so needed pulling as soon as, the longer its left up the more damage can be done, after tidy up it will be put back, dont see what the problem is, remembering posts are viewed by thousands, and who knows what odd jobs view them and what they are capable of, just stik your mobile number in a thread and see what sort of spam you get

Syzable

I have had reconstructive surgery and am now a sexy sleek slim

Slim FasT?

Banned

sassie

threads that advertise personal information are pulled for clean up, i am … threads that advertise personal information are pulled for clean up, i am guessing there was more than one post so needed pulling as soon as, the longer its left up the more damage can be done, after tidy up it will be put back, dont see what the problem is, remembering posts are viewed by thousands, and who knows what odd jobs view them and what they are capable of, just stik your mobile number in a thread and see what sort of spam you get

Ok, 07654 321

Banned

Where did I say the WHOLE thread should go, I reported it for a tidy up so the offending posts could be removed. As there were so many mods obviously decided to remove the thread to limt damage then put it back up, so I don't see why you are making such a song and dance Dung?

Banned

tinkerbell28

Where did I say the WHOLE thread should go, I reported it for a tidy up … Where did I say the WHOLE thread should go, I reported it for a tidy up so the offending posts could be removed. As there were so many mods obviously decided to remove the thread to limt damage then put it back up, so I don't see why you are making such a song and dance Dung?

I wonder whose post you reported X)

DLM

Ok, 07654 321

Where's the rest???.........i have typed out lines of vitriol with an attachment of me in my 'Big Ricks Best Bud' Y-Fronts making gangster signs.

Banned

DLM

I reported the main op as there were loads of random fb links and posts HTH.

Banned

DLM

her post states she reported the thread, not a post at a time

Banned

sassie

her post states she reported the thread, not a post at a time

Ok

tinkerbell28

Where did I say the WHOLE thread should go, I reported it for a tidy up … Where did I say the WHOLE thread should go, I reported it for a tidy up so the offending posts could be removed. As there were so many mods obviously decided to remove the thread to limt damage then put it back up, so I don't see why you are making such a song and dance Dung?

I'm making a song and dance about it as i wish to make myself clear. Just like you are making a song and dance about it.

Your initial statement was

Erm at a wild guess, the whole linking to different peoples fb profiles … Erm at a wild guess, the whole linking to different peoples fb profiles and posting pictures of peoples houses and cars.

which suggests that you were for the thread being pulled.

I also felt that you were overly simplifying the issue and not providing the full information: you seemed to be of the opinion that it couldn't be a group of people scamminng,

I wished to comment that the likely hood of the people being random was small due to all of the names that had been used in the scams could be related to a group of friends in a small Scottish town. A town to which people had posted items to. I am not saying these people did it, but they may provide a key to who the perpetrator is.

I did not condone the posting of facebook accounts,

Could the posts not just been deleted.

, but you suggested that i did:

You can't just name people, link to all their personal details in writing … You can't just name people, link to all their personal details in writing on the net when you don't know it's them, and speculationg, and it's a case of mistaken/stolen identity.

Hence i continued the discourse to make clear that i did not which to be associated with your imaginary lynch mob,

To summarise my argument from the beginning was that unlike you i felt … To summarise my argument from the beginning was that unlike you i felt that only the offending posts should be removed and not the whole thread.

Banned

OMFG, I did not want the thread pulled, I reported it so mods could pull all the posts, of peoples fb accounts, posts of their friends and pictures of peoples houses and cars. It was getting way out of hand, not all of these people can be the scammer, read ASB's posts in the thread itself the naming and shaming of potentially inncoent people was going too far.

The thread in itself was a good idea to link ideas NOT to stalk and lynch innocent people that you cannot prover otherwise. Mods agreed .Get a grip.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285998
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
    4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions