Groups

whats is the best way to connect ur laptop to ur tv ?????

hi this is my first post so be kind to me !!!!!! what is the best way to connect your laptop to your tv without wires as there are so many out there don't no what is the best one to get ??? would be great if you can give me some advice please

24 Comments

Do you have a windows or mac laptop?

sickly sweet

Do you have a windows or mac laptop?

I would also be interested to know I have a Mac

Original Poster

windows vista

bobski11

windows vista

Out

"hi this is my first post so be kind to me !!!!!!"
    Everyone always says this on their first posts, is Misc such a bad place? Lol

dylanjb100

"hi this is my first post so be kind to me !!!!!!"Everyone always says … "hi this is my first post so be kind to me !!!!!!"Everyone always says this on their first posts, is Misc such a bad place? Lol

of course it is

Original Poster

its not that bad tho !!!!!!!!!

bobski11

its not that bad tho !!!!!!!!!

You do know that 1 ! or 1 ? just means the same as 8 of them you know!

you can use an xbox 360 and media centre on your laptop

the best way would be a hdmi cable, but not everyone has a port for that on their laptop.
    probably the easiest is to use your tv as a monitor, (regular monitor cable- most laptops have this port) you'd also need an audio in/ out for the sound to come out of the tv speakers.

Original Poster

i was thinking without wires tho

Do you want to see the screen on your laptop or watch files off of your laptop?

Original Poster

watch films from my laptop

Superglue?

bobski11

watch films from my laptop

Budget - Wdtv live
    If you're happy with 720p - Apple tv running xbmc
    Correct - revo running xbmc

Bear in mind if you're using wireless you won't be streaming incredibly high quality videos easily

Just put your films on a memory stick and plug it in your tv

Original Poster

i was thinking about wirless tho as fed up with wires every where

bobski11

i was thinking about wirless tho as fed up with wires every where

Memory stick doesnt have wires and its simple

Cheapest method VGA cable from laptop to tv and an audio cable.

If you want a tidy setup WDTV live.

You could also look into a nas to store your files, then homeplugs/hidden wires and a Wdtv would be a decent set up.

However if you're watching 1 movie a month then it might not be worth the outlay

Bobski11: Here is the best solution that I know of...

EZView 720p

EZView 1080p

Both products are line-of-sight in-room technologies with a range of 10m for screen projection or 5m for streaming video.

What do you think?

Banned

my nephew told me to use hdmi but on my laptop it had a rupper over it. it was very very hard to take out so i used screw driver fianly after so long it did come out hdmi kept and coming out of laptop think iv dammaged it. what other ways are there too as iv joined lovefilm

dylanjb100

Memory stick doesnt have wires and its simple

You are a wealth of information aren't you. Not all TV's have USB capability.

I know of 2 wireless options but what is best is subjective so I will provide options that I am aware of but not necessarily the best:

1. Certain Intel chipsets are compatible with WiDi which is a proprietary wireless display protocol developed by Intel.
    2. WHDI which allows for wireless HDMI transmission and reception and is provides lossless video. Unlike WiDi, WHDI is supported by several companies and consequently, there is a specification to adhere to. However, it is NOT standardised although it is being pushed as a standard.

There may be other forms of wireless HDMI communication that are strictly specified but I am not aware of any that are standardised.

Search on Google for WHDI and WiDi for more information.

If you do not have HDMI and use VGA only, then I don't know how to use the VGA connections wirelessly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522111
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions