Groups

whats it called

That thing that u need to plug in the back of the pc tower to make it wireless enabled? I need one as I need to locate my router at the main bt socket and the pc is upstairs. Thanks

14 Comments

Banned

USB Wireless receiver/dongle

eg

http://mobilephonesheaven.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/belkin_usb_adapter.jpg

pci card? or is it the dongle above?

Original Poster

ODB_69;4483208

USB Wireless receiver/dongleeg

wow that was quick and with pic have some rep

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;4483218

pci card? or is it the dongle above?

See now i'm confused is it a dongle or a pc card?? are they the same... lol

Banned

OP..if your after one for your current setup make sure you get the right one eg G+, N, etc

dinglebin;4483230

See now i'm confused is it a dongle or a pc card?? are they the same... … See now i'm confused is it a dongle or a pc card?? are they the same... lol

They are different but do exactly the same thing. Just depends whether you want to open up the PC and fit a wireless card or if you'd find it easier to use a plug and play dongle.

Original Poster

ODB_69;4483232

OP..if your after one for your current setup make sure you get the right … OP..if your after one for your current setup make sure you get the right one eg G+, N, etc

sorry what does that mean. I am clueless on I.T.

Original Poster

Syzable;4483257

They are different but do exactly the same thing. Just depends whether … They are different but do exactly the same thing. Just depends whether you want to open up the PC and fit a wireless card or if you'd find it easier to use a plug and play dongle.

Thanks - What sort of money should i be spending on a dongle. I expect they vary

You can pick one up of here in FS/FT for around £10-£20. Not sure of shop prices as i haven't looked at one for ages.

Banned

dinglebin;4483230

See now i'm confused is it a dongle or a pc card?? are they the same... … See now i'm confused is it a dongle or a pc card?? are they the same... lol

Syzable;4483257

They are different but do exactly the same thing. Just depends whether … They are different but do exactly the same thing. Just depends whether you want to open up the PC and fit a wireless card or if you'd find it easier to use a plug and play dongle.

AGREED!

ODB_69;4483232

OP..if your after one for your current setup make sure you get the right … OP..if your after one for your current setup make sure you get the right one eg G+, N, etc

dinglebin;4483264

sorry what does that mean. I am clueless on I.T.

Different speed and ranges. Eg N's more suited for streaming videos, online gaming and fast downloading...basically G's similar just not as fast/strong. As the technology advances these do too to cope with things

dinglebin;4483273

Thanks - What sort of money should i be spending on a dongle. I expect … Thanks - What sort of money should i be spending on a dongle. I expect they vary

Syzable;4483281

You can pick one up of here in FS/FT for around £10-£20. Not sure of shop … You can pick one up of here in FS/FT for around £10-£20. Not sure of shop prices as i haven't looked at one for ages.

agreed again...I sold some on here a while back for £21 with a G and an N Belkin

Shops usually around £15+ dependent on model and make

did you not get one with your router

we have virgin broadband with computers upsstairs and bought as Netgeag wireless router for office downstairs it came with a free dongle from PC world, dont know if they are still doing

Banned

some do some dont...

think Netgear tends to come as a bundle but not with Belkin unless promo on

PCI card goes into the back of your computer, the dongle easier
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45