Groups

What's missing from the new PS3?

Hi all, just wondered what you felt was missing from the new PS3 feature wise. I know alot of people wanted the gloss and touch buttons

I am going to start by saying

N Spec Wireless
    Play TV built in

What does everyone else think?

66 Comments

The tea/coffee maker and alarm clock with built in microwave.

Style

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6186671

The tea/coffee maker and alarm clock with built in microwave.

Get out, now :x

Banned

a microsoft logo?

only kidding - cant stand the xbox and its hidden charges

It's not missing anything, it does everything i expect and want it to do

card reader?

dimebars;6186684

cant stand the xbox and its hidden charges

hidden charges???

there are no hidden charges.... unless you are blind, deaf and du... well you get the point.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6186730

hidden charges???there are no hidden charges.... unless you are blind, … hidden charges???there are no hidden charges.... unless you are blind, deaf and du... well you get the point.

xbox live?

wirless adapter?

are they free now?

deathtrap3000;6186730

hidden charges???there are no hidden charges.... unless you are blind, … hidden charges???there are no hidden charges.... unless you are blind, deaf and du... well you get the point.

haha you make me laugh, wireless, xbox live???

deathtrap3000;6186730

Maybe he should re-phrase it to having to buy a lot more stuff(pay to play online), and its not something they advertise outright.

I heard the smaller ones overheat worse.

dimebars;6186743

xbox live?wirless adapter?are they free now?

Also electricity, I heard the (new) PS3 had it's own Gerbil based PSU

Ommid;6186682
    Get out, now :x

:-(

:p:-D

oh lawd

This PS3 thing, does it play games?

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;6186758

Also electricity, I heard the (new) PS3 had it's own Gerbil based PSU

so by that argument the xbox is no longer electricity powered?

dimebars;6186777

so by that argument the xbox is no longer electricity powered?

Microsoft gave me a cheque to cover my 1st years power usage. Alot of xbox 360 require no power due to RROD or that other notorious error. I'm a 360 owner btw

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6186773

Only on Tuesdays

cribert;6186753

haha you make me laugh, wireless, xbox live???

haha you make me laugh too, ethernet cable, hdmi cable, headset

goes both ways you know

Ommid;6186801

Only on Tuesdays

Wow, PS2 ones?:p Thinking of getting one, very tempted with the price drop and free online (as the £30 a year or 55p a week MS charges cripples me) my kids went with no food for 2 weeks so that I could play COD4

deathtrap3000;6186814

haha you make me laugh too, ethernet cable, hdmi cable, headsetgoes both … haha you make me laugh too, ethernet cable, hdmi cable, headsetgoes both ways you know

Hope that wasn't serious.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6186816

Wow, PS2 ones?:p Thinking of getting one, very tempted with the price … Wow, PS2 ones?:p Thinking of getting one, very tempted with the price drop and free online (as the £30 a year or 55p a week MS charges cripples me) my kids went with no food for 2 weeks so that I could play COD4

That is harsh, if you find a 60GB it plays PS2 games (like mine), considered selling your kids?

Ommid;6186852

That is harsh, if you find a 60GB it plays PS2 games (like mine), … That is harsh, if you find a 60GB it plays PS2 games (like mine), considered selling your kids?

It's an idea! Aren't 60gb ones like rocking horse sh*t , hens teeth, undated 20p etc etc to find though? Not that I'd be overfussed about playing old games on a next gen console. I am tempted by one.

Adam2050;6186822

Hope that wasn't serious.

still hidden costs though arent they.

unless you think sony are somehow different

deathtrap3000;6186906

still hidden costs though arent they.unless you think sony are somehow … still hidden costs though arent they.unless you think sony are somehow different

What a poor comparision from you death, usually better arguements from you.

Sony don't charge for there online play, Microsoft do. Thats the disagreement here.

Adam2050;6186927

What a poor comparision from you death, usually better arguements from … What a poor comparision from you death, usually better arguements from you.Sony don't charge for there online play, Microsoft do. Thats the disagreement here.

Well unfortunatley thats prob the best argument you can get on that subject lol

Adam2050;6186927

What a poor comparision from you death, usually better arguements from … What a poor comparision from you death, usually better arguements from you.Sony don't charge for there online play, Microsoft do. Thats the disagreement here.

can you download overpriced old games from the PS3 store or whatever it's called? You can with an xbox 360:thumbsup:

Paddy_o_furniture;6186987

can you download overpriced old games from the PS3 store or whatever it's … can you download overpriced old games from the PS3 store or whatever it's called? You can with an xbox 360:thumbsup:

Yep I stay away from both dirty back catalogues.

Banned

come on guys - stop feeding the usual eggbox muppets.

You know its the same 3 or 4 muppets who go into EVERY ps3 thread looking for food

deathtrap3000;6186814

haha you make me laugh too, ethernet cable, hdmi cable, headsetgoes both … haha you make me laugh too, ethernet cable, hdmi cable, headsetgoes both ways you know

Ethernet Cable? no as you can use Wi-Fi (oh and that's built-in and freeee, unlike some other consoles)

HDMI Cable? you can pick them up for like a few pounds, wow. plus you have to buy one for the Xbox too.

Headset? Not everyone needs/wants one. i personally don't want to hear 20 screaming 5 year olds.

So Congratulations on your Fail, now back to under the bridge you go :thumbsup:

DarkKnight;6187168

Ethernet Cable? no as you can use Wi-Fi (oh and that's built-in and … Ethernet Cable? no as you can use Wi-Fi (oh and that's built-in and freeee, unlike some other consoles)HDMI Cable? you can pick them up for like a few pounds, wow. plus you have to buy one for the Xbox too.Headset? Not everyone needs/wants one. i personally don't want to hear 20 screaming 5 year olds.So Congratulations on your Fail, now back to under the bridge you go :thumbsup:

Dont people remember your paying extra for all of this. Not everyone wants a blu ray player with a game consoles;

Microsoft make it an optional extra to pay for.

strike;6187199

Dont people remember your paying extra for all of this. Not everyone … Dont people remember your paying extra for all of this. Not everyone wants a blu ray player with a game consoles; Microsoft make it an optional extra to pay for.

an optional extra to pay for a bluray player? what a standalone one not made by microsoft? :whistling::thumbsup:

Paddy_o_furniture;6186773

They do yes, but the games are generally not as good as their Xbox counterparts. Take Ghostbusters for example. :whistling:

strike;6187199

Dont people remember your paying extra for all of this. Not everyone … Dont people remember your paying extra for all of this. Not everyone wants a blu ray player with a game consoles; Microsoft make it an optional extra to pay for.

I have no idea what you are talking about with your first line, if you are talking about buying the cables, you only need to spend like a few pounds for a HDMI cable. whereas Xbox 360 players need to buy a play and charge kit, wireless internet adapter, pay for online, pay for a HDMI cable too etc.
    so thats around £100+ extra

and what are you talking about not everyone wants a blu ray player? that is the only High Definition technology that is in use now, and the best. If you buy it seperately then its £100+
    so yes what you are talking about is the PS3 is better value for money

Mallinersha;6187237

They do yes, but the games are generally not as good as their Xbox … They do yes, but the games are generally not as good as their Xbox counterparts. Take Ghostbusters for example. :whistling:

That game was actually updated with a patch. :thumbsup:

zzzzzzzzzz

Halo.

Uncharted, killzone 2, infamous, socom confrontation, flower, flow, wipeout hd, Little big planet, Metal gear solid, motorstorm, need I go on?

Also that link is pre-patch (it looks and plays the same now)

electriclinux;6187291

Uncharted, killzone 2,, infamous, socom confrontation, flower, flow, … Uncharted, killzone 2,, infamous, socom confrontation, flower, flow, wipeout hd, little big planet, metal gear solid, motorstorm, need I go on?Also that link is pre-patch (it looks and plays the same now)

Uncharted was meh.
    Didnt play KZ2.
    Infamous meh.
    Socom, never liked.
    Flower? what?
    flow? what?
    wipeout is good
    LBP - meh
    MGS - no comment.
    Motorstorm - just like every other car game

electriclinux;6187291

Also that link is pre-patch (it looks and plays the same now)

The link was the story about it post patch with another link in the article to ]THIS
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.11
      2. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X810
      4. Marvel characters33

See more discussions