Groups
    EXPIRED

What's my pc worth ?

Ok after my mistake of trying to sell my android tablet on here a few days ago i thought i would ask for some guidance on selling and pricing of my pc before i do sell it in a couple of weeks time

My pc specs are :

Amd 64 X2 5000+ cpu
    N68C-S mobo which is am2 & am3 comp and also ddr2 & ddr3 comp
    4gb (2x2gb) ddr 667 ram
    250gb sata hdd
    8500gt 512mb gpu
    Ide 20x dvdrw
    Asus 19" widescreen vga monitor vw193s
    Piano black small tower
    400w psu
    Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard

I originally had windows xp installed (has xp coa still attched to the tower ) but i have since had windows 7 installed ( non legit ). Now i know i cannot sell the pc with this windows 7 but my problem is i cannot find my windows xp disk. I can borrow a mates xp disk to install xp and use my own coa but would this break any rules on here ? Could i download xp , burn it to a cd and supply this with the pc ? Or would it be best just to format the hard drive and leave it for the buyer ?

What do you think the set up is worth ? Would i be better selling it in parts or as a whole pc ?

Many thanks for any replies

11 Comments

£170ish, not much more. Maybe less.

Edited by: "spritey" 23rd Feb 2011

Original Poster

Thanks , would that be with our without installing xp ?

Banned

install ubuntu

Original Poster

lumoruk

install ubuntu

I would have thought most users prefer a windows based machine but it is a thought

Why was your android tablet a prohibited item?

Original Poster

bob100

Why was your android tablet a prohibited item?

It is a prohibited item on here ( which i honestly did not know ) ? Because of the box and packaging it was classed as a fake ipad , although it is an epad flytouch . I flashed it with newer firmware that had been based on the ipad

trinaandlee

It is a prohibited item on here ( which i honestly did not know ) ? … It is a prohibited item on here ( which i honestly did not know ) ? Because of the box and packaging it was classed as a fake ipad , although it is an epad flytouch . I flashed it with newer firmware that had been based on the ipad

But as you were selling it quite clearly as an Epad Flytouch and not trying to sell as an Ipad how can it be classed as a fake ipad.

Its quite clearly not an ipad you were selling

I would say it should be worth a little more than £170 - Go on to a torrent site or something and download a windows XP OEM (which is not illegal as you have the COA) - and install it. Fresh PC then. I would ask around etc before chucking it on the likes of ebay because you will not get much that way, if you were to put it on ebay I would take it apart and sell the parts.

Original Poster

bob100

But as you were selling it quite clearly as an Epad Flytouch and not … But as you were selling it quite clearly as an Epad Flytouch and not trying to sell as an Ipad how can it be classed as a fake ipad.Its quite clearly not an ipad you were selling

I think the same but it was the mods decision , if i listed it as an ipad i would understand but my listing clearly stated flytouch epad and the price was correct for the item i was selling .

This was the explanation i got

This thread has been locked-please do not relist-this is a counterfeit item and not allowed on HUKD-thank you.

its a "copy" ipad-the packaging alone gives that away Im afraid-we are well aware dealextreme sell these and iphone clones etc-they arent allowed-sorry

aircanman

I would say it should be worth a little more than £170 - Go on to a … I would say it should be worth a little more than £170 - Go on to a torrent site or something and download a windows XP OEM (which is not illegal as you have the COA) - and install it. Fresh PC then. I would ask around etc before chucking it on the likes of ebay because you will not get much that way, if you were to put it on ebay I would take it apart and sell the parts.

Ok , but would the mods kick it off here if i did that ? Thank you for the advice though

Pricing seems to be right as i was hoping from £170 upwards

Edited by: "trinaandlee" 23rd Feb 2011

I would'nt waste your time selling it on here, it is a deals site after all, where people want things super cheap. Break it up and sell the bits, take a little hit on the fees and very small chance of things going wrong and comebacks!

Original Poster

aircanman

I would'nt waste your time selling it on here, it is a deals site after … I would'nt waste your time selling it on here, it is a deals site after all, where people want things super cheap. Break it up and sell the bits, take a little hit on the fees and very small chance of things going wrong and comebacks!

Ok cheers . Thank you for taking time to look and reply
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767248
      2. love affairs1226
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1212
      4. Apples new update812

See more discussions