Expired

Whats so good about hair straighteners?

23 replies
Found 23rd May 2010
Just a quick question.

I see people go on about hair straighteners, and im not into make up and things, and have never used a hair straightener in my life!.

Just, why do people say they are good?.

My hair is naturally straight, but not shiny like a see people who have obv straightened their hair.

So are they any good. Should i buy one?.

Thanks

23 Comments

"My hair is naturally straight, but not shiny like a see people who have obv straightened their hair."

just try different conditioners, if you dont need to use straighteners then I wouldn't, they wont do you hair too much good in the long run

GHD's glide through your hair effortlessly and give u fab straight - or curly hair without tugging at it

Banned

My hair always looks super smooth and in good condition after straighteners have been used.

I now own my own pair and haven't tried them yet.

Banned

are you single?
have you ever had a bf?
are you still a virgin?

if yes no yes then get some STAT

bykergrove;8676160

are you single?have you ever had a bf?are you still a virgin?if yes no … are you single?have you ever had a bf?are you still a virgin?if yes no yes then get some STAT

:w00t:

Banned

op i think there is a deal on razors too :w00t:

Banned

nothings good about them unless you need them or are prepared to learn how to use them

a hundred quid wasted.......shes used em about 4 times in a year

We've had GHD's for years in our house and they get used at least 4 times a week. They're the best thing since sliced bread as we have wavy, frizzy hair.
If you already have straight hair then be greatful!

Banned

how about trying those gloss in shampoos or whatever there called, suppose to give hair that really healthy look

if you do get some they dont have to be GHD's but in my experience I would steer clear of Babyliss as the plates seem to wear very quickly. I have some FHI's which is a salon brand and are rumored to be made by GHD. They are excellent, great value for money and comparable to friends ghd's I have tried. Have had mine 3 years, get used 2-3 times a week and are still as good as new :thumbsup:

]http//ww…hi/

sassie;8676295

how about trying those gloss in shampoos or whatever there called, … how about trying those gloss in shampoos or whatever there called, suppose to give hair that really healthy look

this is really good stuff (lee stafford, shine head)
[IMG]nlyscandinavia.scene7.com/is/…108?$productOverview2$[/IMG]

tony and guy do one too, it smells divine

Banned

whats it called michelle, my eyesight aint that flippin good

sassie;8676330

michelleleemoo;8676318

this is really good stuff (lee stafford, shine … this is really good stuff (lee stafford, shine head)[IMG]http://nlyscandinavia.scene7.com/is/image/nlyscandinavia/300005-0108?$productOverview2$[/IMG]tony and guy do one too, it smells divine

lol

sassie;8676330

you should stop playing with it then, told you if you didnt leave it alone you'll go blind :p, have edited above, great stuff but best not to spray too near to yr roots, I tend to spray it slightly into the air so its not too concentrated, dont wanna look like a greasy bird :-D

fern37;8676346

lol

haha, in all fairness I edited as sass was posting :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;8676318

this is really good stuff (lee stafford, shine … this is really good stuff (lee stafford, shine head)[IMG]http://nlyscandinavia.scene7.com/is/image/nlyscandinavia/300005-0108?$productOverview2$[/IMG]tony and guy do one too, it smells divine

We use the Lee Stafford Poker Straight flat iron protection shine mist with the straighteners and its really good. Smells really nice too. :thumbsup:

Banned

will have a looksie in boots, my hair never has that healthy shine even after straightening, thinks its the colour, bog boring

galareho;8676375

We use the Lee Stafford Poker Straight flat iron protection shine mist … We use the Lee Stafford Poker Straight flat iron protection shine mist with the straighteners and its really good. Smells really nice too. :thumbsup:

have been kept awake at night by the smell of my hair when using the shampoo and conditioner, but you get used to it, I use that ^^ too

sassie;8676390

will have a looksie in boots, my hair never has that healthy shine even … will have a looksie in boots, my hair never has that healthy shine even after straightening, thinks its the colour, bog boring

sass the lee stafford poker straight range is amazing, they quite often have 3 for 2 on that makes it a bit more affordable, I alternate with Aussie stuff and my hairs definitely benefited from spending that bit more :thumbsup: treat yourself, they do the mini's if you want to try em out first

Banned

michelleleemoo;8676427

sass the lee stafford poker straight range is amazing, they quite often … sass the lee stafford poker straight range is amazing, they quite often have 3 for 2 on that makes it a bit more affordable, I alternate with Aussie stuff and my hairs definitely benefited from spending that bit more :thumbsup: treat yourself, they do the mini's if you want to try em out first

daughter used to use the lee stafford straightener stuff, must admit i dont use the straighteners often and dont tend to use any sprays :oops:

sassie;8676447

daughter used to use the lee stafford straightener stuff, must admit i … daughter used to use the lee stafford straightener stuff, must admit i dont use the straighteners often and dont tend to use any sprays :oops:

tbh I think thats going to be more important than yr shampoo and conditioner , its a bit like suncream for hair, protection is good kids :giggle:

and can you get yourself a blinking avi, you look dull chuck

can't live without my straighteners bcause i have naturally really curly hair which i HATE!
i have babylis pro 230's which are great (cheap too!)

Original Poster

bykergrove;8676160

are you single?have you ever had a bf?are you still a virgin?if yes no … are you single?have you ever had a bf?are you still a virgin?if yes no yes then get some STAT

How did you know

I'm a woman btw

Hmm so hair straighteners are just really for people with thick hair, curly hair?. I was just wondering why people carry them around in their handbags, it's crazy!. It's like they are going to stop in the middle of the street, whip them out, and hope to find a socket in the middle of the street :-D

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;8676318

Okey. btw my hair looks straighter when greasy :-D, its just when i wash it, it goes kinda all over, maybe i need some mositure thing :-s
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60611
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions