Groups

Whats that site where you advertise work you want doing?

Whats that site where you advertise work you want doing and people offer you a price for doing it?

I want the front lawn rotovating before I turf it, its only about 20sqm but I CBA to dig over by hand,

15 Comments

gumtree?

nah not gumtree, i think i know what he means

jobcentreplus/directgov

Original Poster

bitseylango;8727094

myhammer.co.uk ?

Cheers that looks like a good candidate, sure theres another one though?

Oddly enough I just went on there, tried registering with a username and it was already taken so tried one of my regular passwords and I'm registered? Never used it before though???

Original Poster

shedboy66;8727102

jobcentreplus/directgov

Dont thinmk it will be long term employment for anyone lol

harlzter;8727119

Cheers that looks like a good candidate, sure theres another one … Cheers that looks like a good candidate, sure theres another one though?Oddly enough I just went on there, tried registering with a username and it was already taken so tried one of my regular passwords and I'm registered? Never used it before though???

myworkman.co.uk and ratedpeople.com ?

ring the police with an anonymous tip off, saying you think a body is buried under your garden, that'll get it done for yer :-D

I got really ripped off by someone from rated people.
    He had all the recommendations on the site, but they turned out to be worthless. I contacted rated people about it and they said not their fault - maybe he just got other people to sign up and create false jobs etc so they could leave him good reviews. I would never use them again.

Original Poster

Butterbean;8727227

I got really ripped off by someone from rated people. He had all the … I got really ripped off by someone from rated people. He had all the recommendations on the site, but they turned out to be worthless. I contacted rated people about it and they said not their fault - maybe he just got other people to sign up and create false jobs etc so they could leave him good reviews. I would never use them again.

Thats a concern on a bigger job but cant go wrong with a rotovation much, the end of the day not a decent job done they dont get paid.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8727461

whyh not gire a rotovator?

Price is prohibitive for the amount of work, cheapest is £70 for a days hire.

Banned

depends where you live.......if you live anywhere near a backpackers , they are keen workers and its almost slave labour:)

put a sign in your garden......

Banned

the url has build in it or builder... i know what you're talking about but can't remember the name.. a guy at work uses them!

Original Poster

bykergrove;8727528

the url has build in it or builder... i know what you're talking about … the url has build in it or builder... i know what you're talking about but can't remember the name.. a guy at work uses them!

would it be mybuilder? looks like thats just builders to me

whatsThePoint;8727461

why not hire a rotovator?

I was going to hire a rotovator to do my allotment, the cheapest I could get was £65. I then asked the contractors who cut the grass for the council in my village & they did it for £30!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions