Groups

whats the best and cheapest way to get to paris?

me and a friend want to go to paris next year travelling for a couple of weeks, is it a good idea to get the eurostar for like £50 or should we consider flights? also has anyone ever got a europe railcard were you can travel to loads of places in europe for like £130?

19 Comments

im in the same boat, but was looking at just for a couple of days in the summer.

could check out ferries too is how we travelled worked out lots cheaper

Original Poster

the exspensive part so far is getting to london from grimsby lol, is it worth buying a youngs persons railcard you think?

Banned

Buy the Seafrance 1p ferry return....2p for a round trip plus fuel has to be the cheapest

Original Poster

its getting to dover though, 6 hour drive

Cluffy321;2994296

its getting to dover though, 6 hour drive

still cheaper than train tickets plus eurostar :whistling:

Original Poster

maybe, cant drive though so thats another issue lol, also whats the drinking age in france?

Walk \ Swim

Original Poster

thanks for that, willkeep in mind, i think im gonna go with the eurostar depending on how much discount i get, plus always wanted to go on it lol, but cant book yet as they dont jhave dates available

Cluffy321;2994311

maybe, cant drive though so thats another issue lol, also whats the … maybe, cant drive though so thats another issue lol, also whats the drinking age in france?

Cluffy321;2994258

eurostarhttp://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/_SvBoExpressBookingTerm?_TMS=1221691721906&_DLG=SvBoExpressBookingTerm&_LANG=UK&_AGENCY=ESTAR&MT=BL&country=UK&lang=UK&VT=EBrailcardhttp://www.interrailnet.com/

my brother did this many years ago when he was a student. he went to loads of cities. but there is only one coach a day so u have to be ready to go. and some of places he went were bit dodgy like warsaw

Banned

you can get a 3 night city break including flights if you shop around for about £120-150

paris is very expensive btw (£6 a pint!).

Wait till she comes to London for some promotion / party then stalk her!

Hide in the back of a lorry..........seems to work for all the scrounging illegals coming this way. :-D

Train Virgin here!

Just getting some prices to london, the two cheapest are:

Off Peak Return: £124.10
    Travelcard Off Peak: £132.40 (is this not a return trip?)

errr whats the difference? (apart from the price!) The info doesn't reveal much.
    The travelcard is extra (£24 i think)

Banned

splatsplatsplat;3008105

Train Virgin here!Just getting some prices to london, the two cheapest … Train Virgin here!Just getting some prices to london, the two cheapest are:Off Peak Return: £124.10Travelcard Off Peak: £132.40 (is this not a return trip?)errr whats the difference? (apart from the price!) The info doesn't reveal much.The travelcard is extra (£24 i think)

£124 just to get to London :w00t:

No wonder everyone drives :roll:

Have you looked at Hull to Zeebruge. Then change at Lille for paris.

But the cheapest and easiest will be to fly. Jet2 fly from Leeds Bradford airport to Paris.

Banned

The best way would be to sh*g a french girl all the way there on the eurostar.

However the cheapest way is to walk.

Hope this helps.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      2. love affairs1337
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927355

See more discussions