What's the best arcade racer for XBOX 360?

13 replies
Found 18th Feb 2010
Just bought a 360 and would like to know what the best "arcade" style racer there is?

I was a big fan of the original Sega Rally and the original Gran Turismo, but not too keen on the newer racers that seem very unforgiving and technical. I want to play one that doesn't mind too much if you make a mistake (i.e. it doesn't automatically put you out of the race!) here and there. Would go for the latest Sega Rally but I hear it's not very good.

Any ideas?

13 Comments

Dirt 2 it's awesome

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7883084

The best is which ever one you like the most

thanks for that pearl of wisdom. your username is a pretty apt description of your posts

I won't know which one I "like the most" until I play them all. I don't have time (or money) to play them all, hence my asking for advice.

You can get Outrun on the Xbox Live Arcade
Project Gotham 4 would also tickle your fancy.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7883149

Why not try a Xbox review site then :thinking:

not really sure why you have a problem with me asking this question here, but I'll answer your question anyway.

yes, I could trawl through dozens of reviews to see which racers seem suitable, but that would take ages. Most people on here are pretty clued up on games, and most are also helpful - so it's quick and easy to get advice by posting a question. Far quicker than reading reviews.

please don't respond further. you're clearly a wind-up merchant, and I can't be bothered with your nonsense

Forza 3 ? ... If you crash you can rewind. (not arcade style tho)

Grid

gives you arcade style and sim

Original Poster

Jetpac;7883184

You can get Outrun on the Xbox Live Arcade :)Project Gotham 4 would also … You can get Outrun on the Xbox Live Arcade :)Project Gotham 4 would also tickle your fancy.

I have PGR4 - got it with the bundle, but haven't tried it out yet. thought it would be a bit like Forza (which I'm not keen on). will try it out tonight though

numptyj;7883231

Gridgives you arcade style and sim

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grid is an excellent game, PGR4 is one of my favourites and as has been said, youd probably like outrun.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7883449

LOL when do the people who constantly post on here have time to play … LOL when do the people who constantly post on here have time to play games, all your going to get is different people saying what their favourite game is

sheesh......your posts get sillier every time! :roll:

horsepills;7883240

thanks :thumbsup:I have PGR4 - got it with the bundle, but haven't tried … thanks :thumbsup:I have PGR4 - got it with the bundle, but haven't tried it out yet. thought it would be a bit like Forza (which I'm not keen on). will try it out tonight though

PGR4 is a lot more arcadey than Forza, while I don't think it's quite the full on arcade game you're looking for I'd definitely give it a shot. I find it's very easy to pick up and be pulling off power slides round corners, the variety in the tracks is superb. It has a varied difficulty system which means you can play it casually or up the difficulty and go for precision perfect racing.

I quite enjoyed the new Sega Rally, given you can pick it up cheap these days if you liked the original game I think you'd like the new one.

John

Burnout Paradise might be worth a look

Not a fan of PGR4 myself but I know some people who love it. I'm more of a Forza person myself as I prefer sims.

oldmanhouse;7884131

Burnout Paradise might be worth a lookNot a fan of PGR4 myself but I know … Burnout Paradise might be worth a lookNot a fan of PGR4 myself but I know some people who love it. I'm more of a Forza person myself as I prefer sims.

Burnout Paradise is a good shout!!:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769503
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions