Expired

whats the best boiler to go for Worcester or ideal

Found 25th Jun 2013
NEED your help please.

Getting a new boiler in Aug and some say Worcester and other say ideal.

Seen the new Worcester Greenstar Condensing Combination Boiler 29CDi at about £1000 or the ideal 30+ at £850 I know that the 30+ comes with 5 year guarantee and the 29cdi comes with 2 year guarantee.

Can you please let me know your options.

Thank you Mark
Community Updates
AskBoiler
21 Comments
ideal boilers dont have a good reputation in the past but the newer range are supposed to be better which is why they can offer a 5 year guarantee. Worcester bosch are best boiler. My budget wouldn't stretch to a worcester so i went for a vaillant which came with a 2 year parts and labour warrentee. The prices you quote must be for boiler only most plumbers will charge more to fit a worcester than a ideal just because they can
Original Poster
Thanks for your reply.

Going to cost around £500 to fit.

Will see what other members say. Thank you
I'd recommend the Worcester boilers. Been using their combi's for 13 years without any issues.
We currently have the 37CDI.
I have a Worcester, no problems in 8 years
I've heard recently that Worcester Bosch aren't what they used to be. Go for the better warranty.
worcester dont even go near ideal total rubbish
Original Poster
Im getting mixed feelings about this. I was 99.9% going for the Worcester then others say Ideal. then they say keep clear of ideal.

Any Fitters that fit boilers day in day out can help me decide.

And keep your views coming.

Big than you members for your help.
Mark
As a fitter myself i would say you are pretty safe with any of the big names, be it worcester, vaillant, ideal, baxi, potterton.

i love the ideal logic+ myself and the 5 year warranty gives good piece of mind. My worcester in my house has gone through 3 fans and 1 expansion vessel in the 12 years, which isnt that big a deal as i can fix issues myself, but if you cant it would have been a problem.

as

pinkleponkle

As a fitter myself i would say you are pretty safe with any of the big … As a fitter myself i would say you are pretty safe with any of the big names, be it worcester, vaillant, ideal, baxi, potterton.i love the ideal logic+ myself and the 5 year warranty gives good piece of mind. My worcester in my house has gone through 3 fans and 1 expansion vessel in the 12 years, which isnt that big a deal as i can fix issues myself, but if you cant it would have been a problem.

hi i fit and fix boilers. the most boilers i have been to over the last 5 years is ideal. they have a very common pcb and fan fault. giving a 5 year warranty doesnt mean its a good boiler. just look at the online reviews on ideal boiler problems. then look at the prices on parts they are alot more then Worcester by far. stick with Worcester as they at the top and ideal will never reach them.
Ideal is awful, Had it at my house and every winter I always need it repair poor build. You can be eligible for a free boiler if you receive certain benefits as well.
there also another boiler which many people havent heard about but its taken Worcester over as its being recommended over and over again. google search INTERGAS boilers. Read the reviews many people dont know about it but i have had alot fitters recommended it to me but as they bit quiet on the market every1 picks Worcester over them
We had an ideal boiler fitted a couple of years ago and its given me more trouble than the old one.. the problems started after about 12months!.. so definitely wouldnt recommend it.
Mirroring most people here, over the two I would take the Worcester, or if you have a third option I fit vailant, only commercial but they are top notch, their domestic range should be of similar quality
we have an ideal and it keeps breaking down, I have never had a Worcester so cannot give an opinion of that.
I have an Ideal that has had about 2 or 3 repairs on it (fan etc, nothing too major) but thats over 14 years so not too bad (_;)
Original Poster
A very big thank you to all that replied to my question and the one im going for the

Worcester Greenstar Condensing Combination Boiler 29CDi

Thanks again would not have done it without you 8)8)X)
Any updates on the performance of your Worcester Bosch?
1221saka

A very big thank you to all that replied to my question and the one im … A very big thank you to all that replied to my question and the one im going for theWorcester Greenstar Condensing Combination Boiler 29CDiThanks again would not have done it without you 8)8)X)

​Any updates are welcomed
Good choice, plus their customer service excellent!
So what happened with the 29cdi. I am about to pull the trigger for a ideal vogue c32 combi with 10 year warranty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions