Groups

What's the best case and screen protector for Galaxy S7 Edge?

Hi everyone, I've purchased S7 Edge on eBay yesterday and it will arrive some time next week, so I'm looking for a case and screen protector.

Can anyone suggest a good case and screen protector?
    I've looked around on Amazon and the reviews are quite conflicting (especially for a screen protector), so I'm not sure.

I've always purchased tempered glass screen protector but they seem to be getting bad reviews for S7 edge due to the curved screen.

Any help appreciated.

12 Comments

I bought one recently and these were what I bought:

Galaxy S7 Edge, [Update Version] Smash-It® 2-Pack [No-Lifting] [Case Friendly] Ultra HD Dry Applied Protector Film [Not Glass] for [Front Side] with ( amazon.co.uk/dp/…kuT

Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Caseology® [Parallax Series] Textured Pattern Grip Case [Black] [Shock Proof] for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016) - Black amazon.co.uk/dp/…b9s

The case is great and I have no complaints with it so far.

the screen protector is okay, but I'm happy with the price I paid. Trouble is you can't really get a tempered glass one because of the curved screen. it definitely feels like plastic but I've gotten used to it. Plus it contains 2 protectors and a back protector as a nice touch.

Hope this helps
    Edited by: "zipt" 17th Jun

In my spare time i test products, i have tried about 10 different screen protectors for my s7 edge ranging from plastic to glass, edge glue or full glue. In the end i just gave up with a screen protector because if they do fit well then they dont allow a case to fit, if they have glue only on the edges then the touch sensitivity is massivley reduced. The plastic ones leave bubbles. I also tested over 10 cases and my favourite is this Case it has slightly raised upper and lower lips so if the phone falls the screen wont touch the floor at all and the phone can be placed face down without any worries to make use of the edge lighting feature. The case is robust and it has protected my phone for over 4 months now. I would say dont bother with a screen protector at all and just get a decent case. The s7 edge has good gorilla glass so coins and keys wont scratch it anyway. I was lucky enough to get all those screen protectors for free but otherwise it would get very expensive and frustrating trying to find one that actually works perfectly.

I have used tempered glass screens on all my previous phones. I was surprised to find they did one for the curved screens. I bought one but the screen sensitivity along the 'edge' is rubbish. After a week small cracks appeared in the glass at various points. I finally binned it today and intend getting a film one.

I have a simple clear gel cover for the back- DIrt cheap - the same as I always buy for my phones.

HasnainMajeed8 m ago

In my spare time i test products, i have tried about 10 different screen …In my spare time i test products, i have tried about 10 different screen protectors for my s7 edge ranging from plastic to glass, edge glue or full glue. In the end i just gave up with a screen protector because if they do fit well then they dont allow a case to fit, if they have glue only on the edges then the touch sensitivity is massivley reduced. The plastic ones leave bubbles. I also tested over 10 cases and my favourite is this Case it has slightly raised upper and lower lips so if the phone falls the screen wont touch the floor at all and the phone can be placed face down without any worries to make use of the edge lighting feature. The case is robust and it has protected my phone for over 4 months now. I would say dont bother with a screen protector at all and just get a decent case. The s7 edge has good gorilla glass so coins and keys wont scratch it anyway. I was lucky enough to get all those screen protectors for free but otherwise it would get very expensive and frustrating trying to find one that actually works perfectly.

You must not be very good at applying screen protectors if you always got bubbles in them. When I bought my S7 edge it came with a screen protector, it fitted perfectly, no bubbles (the couple came out over night). After 12 months I still have it on today, very tough and resiliant. I will see if I can find details of the one I had.

In terms of the cover, I have this Spigen one Here. Fits very well, slim and sleek and protects the phone well.

master10

You must not be very good at applying screen protectors if you always … You must not be very good at applying screen protectors if you always got bubbles in them. When I bought my S7 edge it came with a screen protector, it fitted perfectly, no bubbles (the couple came out over night). After 12 months I still have it on today, very tough and resiliant. I will see if I can find details of the one I had.In terms of the cover, I have this Spigen one Here . Fits very well, slim and sleek and protects the phone well.

​I think the plastic ones i was sent were poor quality hence why they left bubbles, if you do find out which one you have let me know. Also i agree spigen cases are very good.

best case is spigen tough armour case
    screen protector.. screenKnight full body protector.. one for the back and one for the front
    easy to put on. not the cheap stuff that u get for a pound. really good value for money. also I cut around the edges in order for it not to get caught on the case

+1 for spigen products

Ive never seen any phone sold as screen cracked on ebay as much as the s7 Edge seems like the screen is so fragile

cracked my s7 edge screen last week cpw cheapest for repair £175 and I had a screen protector on ........... oO

Spigen case. Don't bother with a screen protector, none fit 100% on the edge screen. Just make sure you have insurance instead which includes screen replacements.

Original Poster

seabs

Spigen case. Don't bother with a screen protector, none fit 100% on the … Spigen case. Don't bother with a screen protector, none fit 100% on the edge screen. Just make sure you have insurance instead which includes screen replacements.

How much are you paying for insurance?

So the general consensus is to buy a Spigen case

Original Poster

Now the question is should I buy this Spigen case or this one? And can I find it cheaper than amazon? :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. buy to let mortgage12
      2. Virgin media sign up68
      3. Xiaomi phones46
      4. Cheapest Amazon Prime subscription?11

See more discussions