What's the best compensation you've had from a complaint to a company

Found 15th Jan 2016
Just interested to know. What have you complained about and what did you get in return.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Misc
64 Comments
Got £20 from natwest this week as I complained about the queue in branch and the fact the store has changed for the worse recently as they've done sway with the glass shield between workers and customers. Wasn't expecting anything, even a reply to be honest.

When I've had to complain, it's mainly been vouchers to use in store. Had a £15 Morrisons Gift Card sent to me a few years back because part of their machine was in a bread roll that nearly cracked a tooth!

Whenever I travel by train, 9/10 there is some kind of issue, whether it's delayed, cancelled, or my reserved seat is not available, I claim compensation. Hardly ever pay for train tickets!
Edited by: "Eden0032" 15th Jan 2016
Just got 800 euros, for flight delays caused by a faulty plane, from Norwegian Airlines.
benjammin316

Got £20 from natwest this week as I complained about the queue in branch … Got £20 from natwest this week as I complained about the queue in branch and the fact the store has changed for the worse recently as they've done sway with the glass shield between workers and customers. Wasn't expecting anything, even a reply to be honest.

Maybe I should complain to Natwest about closing my local branch (so there isn't one for at least 15 miles). Yet, there is still high enough demand for them to send a regular van as a mobile branch.
Original Poster
benjammin316

Got £20 from natwest this week as I complained about the queue in branch … Got £20 from natwest this week as I complained about the queue in branch and the fact the store has changed for the worse recently as they've done sway with the glass shield between workers and customers. Wasn't expecting anything, even a reply to be honest.

Sounds just the same as my branch, might need to do this I hope you don't mind me asking, but where is your.bank?
Got £30.00 off British Gas for letting me down to fit Smart Meters on a said day they did'nt turn up.
HUKDDUDE

Sounds just the same as my branch, might need to do this I hope you don't … Sounds just the same as my branch, might need to do this I hope you don't mind me asking, but where is your.bank?

Aldershot, first time I've been in branch for about a year.
£80 for nonexistent customer service from E.On
(failed to adjust my bill from quarterly to monthly after 3 separate requests; fail to take charge of situation when I lost electricity on cold February day (with everything running on electricity), fail to find my flat for meter registration to a private dwelling... So many more... Including calling me a liar several times whilst unashamedly lying to me.
£8000 from admiral (accusing customer) ombudsman favoured in payout.
£20 from British gas for not turning up in there promised 4 hour time gap to repair a broken meter but it was £20 in credit
£20 from British gas for not turning up in there promised 4 hour time gap to repair a broken meter but it was £20 in credit
pureamz003

£8000 or £80.00?
£100 from HomeServe after not turning up 3 times
Got a leather case for my iPhone and leather case for my iPad from apple for poor service at their store. I know it's not money, but i was going to buy then anyway so saved £80
a bunk up with admin after complaining about the mods on here
Original Poster
miles136

a bunk up with admin after complaining about the mods on here

A bunk up, l don't know what that is
deleted335097
Well, I got pestered from a whiplash claims line, they rang three times trying to get me to put a claim in, after an accident, I refused to claim for whiplash, though I probably could have done easily. So some Karma increase for me.
A claim made last year in respect of Payment Protection Insurance incorrectly applied to a credit card account (going back twenty or so years).

It took about eight weeks to investigate but the eventual compensation amount paid was certainly worth the wait!
I got a PPI refund from a mortgage I had years ago, had a lovely holiday with the family with the proceeds!
deleted57959

5 x McDonald Meals and 1 x Happy Meal Twice..For cocking my order up 4 … 5 x McDonald Meals and 1 x Happy Meal Twice..For cocking my order up 4 times, and the staff member refusing to serve me, because i raised my voice.. this happened last night too lol.

Sounds like a punishment.
joesmum

I got a PPI refund from a mortgage I had years ago, had a lovely holiday … I got a PPI refund from a mortgage I had years ago, had a lovely holiday with the family with the proceeds!

Not sure I would count a refund as compensation tbh.
g8spur

Not sure I would count a refund as compensation tbh.

meant compensation, didn't expect anything but filled out a few forms.
joesmum

meant compensation, didn't expect anything but filled out a few forms.

Point still stands, most ppi payments are just returned premiums plus interest.
Original Poster
benjammin316

Ive just done live chat and they have offered me a £15 goodwill gesture- Well Happy

Edited by: "HUKDDUDE" 16th Jan 2016
HUKDDUDE

Ive just done live chat and they have offered me a £15 goodwill gesture- … Ive just done live chat and they have offered me a £15 goodwill gesture- Well Happy

Put a deal up quick... haha
Original Poster
Chiptivo

Put a deal up quick... haha

Haha,Natwest would love me
g8spur

Point still stands, most ppi payments are just returned premiums plus … Point still stands, most ppi payments are just returned premiums plus interest.

maybe but the bigger mortgage loan didn't pay out on the PPI as the provider had gone bust! Whatever, I was pleased with the cash as I hadn't expected to get anything.
Ive had multiple complaints with argos after they ballsed up delivery of a sofa, then lost a washing machine, then were 63 days late with dining chairs, then a store where I did click and collect said they had no stock when I went to collect even tho their website said they did

So all in every time ive written to the CEO its more than paid for the sofa, around £600 in total, but they must be the worst retail company out there
Edited by: "jase.2" 16th Jan 2016
£100 in vouchers from Pizza Hut for a complaint I had about the lack of pizzas on their unlimited buffet menu.

£2000 voucher for furniture from Harvey's when the colour came off my leather sofa. The sofa was over 3 years old too.

Edited by: "SJHan" 16th Jan 2016
£80 + Years free Prime from Amazon for a missing cheapo headset from a Warehouse Deal PS4....
Original Poster
shoysted

£80 + Years free Prime from Amazon for a missing cheapo headset from a … £80 + Years free Prime from Amazon for a missing cheapo headset from a Warehouse Deal PS4....

Wow, thats great
jase.2

Ive had multiple complaints with argos after they ballsed up delivery of … Ive had multiple complaints with argos after they ballsed up delivery of a sofa, then lost a washing machine, then were 63 days late with dining chairs, then a store where I did click and collect said they had no stock when I went to collect even tho their website said they did So all in every time ive written to the CEO its more than paid for the sofa, around £600 in total, but they must be the worst retail company out there

Do you conrinue placing orders because they are that bad, & you like complaining?
£75.00 from plusnet for failing to provide internet and phone connection on agreed day and finally being connected 10 days later
£200 from a toothbrush company for poor customer service
£150 from Co-operative bank for failing to provide a SARS within the required time .
£100 from virgin for putting an incorrect entry on my credit report when they incorrectly put a missed payment marker on my credit report even though i had paid the bill.
£200 from barclaycard for poor customer service

Edited by: "DIAL_999_FOR_CORRUPTION" 16th Jan 2016
Not a complaint as such but in a Morrisons cafe and we were kept waiting 30 mins for a breakfast, They told us to get a free cake and free drink while we were waiting and also offered a full refund as well, Told them to give the refund to charity.
Original Poster
shauneco

Not a complaint as such but in a Morrisons cafe and we were kept waiting … Not a complaint as such but in a Morrisons cafe and we were kept waiting 30 mins for a breakfast, They told us to get a free cake and free drink while we were waiting and also offered a full refund as well, Told them to give the refund to charity.

Thats god and very nice of you
HUKDDUDE

Thats god and very nice of you

My bro didn't think so when they used his refund as well lol.
Transformers

£8000 or £80.00?

£8000 (car was worth).
I bought a bottle of Builleit bourbon and the cork snapped when I opened it for the first time. I emailed Bulleit to see if they could send a replacement cork. They got onto Diageo and they sent me a £50 voucher.
Also got a wedge (not Andy Wedge) from Sainsburys PPI after going through ombudsman after they initially turned me down for my complaint.

Got a small fortune from Lloyds PPI going back 20 years

but the best I got back was from Burger King when I was in my teens. Complained about their burgers and the difference between a cheeseburger and a Whopper was a cardboard box and a bit of lettuce...
They sent us some free vouchers for more burgers ... You tell a company their product is crap and they give you more of the same product ... oO
The vouchers were returned!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants