Groups

What's the best deal on 4G Data only Sim- Min 64gb or unlimited

Just bought Huawei Cube to use as home broadband. Going to ditch the home phone, line rental and fibre.

The Huawei Cube is unlocked so will accept any sim.

I am using about 60gb of data on my fibre at the moment, so will need either unlimited data or min 64gb.

I've checked Three, EE and comparison sites, but unable to find any decent data only sims, either prepay or monthly.

If anyone spots a decent deal, must be 4G and min 64gb, please could you let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

10 Comments

I don't think there are any data only sims that offer that much data.

Seems unusual to spend money on a component when the actual solution via a specific cellular provider has not been identified, but maybe you have excellent signal coverage from all providers in your location?

This WAS a great 24 gb deal: hotukdeals.com/dea…727
    Only the 12 gb left now.
    Mymemory also got it.

pooool

This WAS a great 24 gb deal: … This WAS a great 24 gb deal: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-payg-trio-data-sim-preloaded-with-24-gb-data-28-40-amazon-2543727Only the 12 gb left now. Mymemory also got it.

Read the ops post. He wants 64gb which is not possible data only.

AFAIK 50GB+ monthly cellular data is only available via 3 as All-You-Can-Eat (AYCE) on-handset data; other providers have "unlimited" products where the FUP / AUP will be triggered well-before 64GB. 3 have a SIMO option with AYCE on-handset 4G data for around £24/month before any cashback / signup incentives, and whilst the SIM may function in a data-only device it would be against 3's t&c to do so.
    The least-cost route whilst ignoring t&c may be to use the 3 AYCE 4G data SIM in a cheap Android handset and provide wifi for your smart devices via the FoxFi Android app that 3 interprets as on-handset bandwidth. Total new hardware & app outlay of say £25+, maybe less if you have an old non-3-branded Android handset kicking around a drawer somewhere. But that leaves you with a redundant Huawei Cube.
    A more flexible option to obtain better router-like facilities may be to use the Android handset with an Asus router as most recent Asus models will accept an Android handset (and some mobile BB dongles) as its internet source. However, you may lose the on-handset cloaking benefit of the FoxFi app, but if using a non-3-branded handset it may not functionally matter.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Seems unusual to spend money on a component when the actual solution via … Seems unusual to spend money on a component when the actual solution via a specific cellular provider has not been identified, but maybe you have excellent signal coverage from all providers in your location?

Yes, excellent coverage, but you are correct, I purchased Cube before checking usage, was surprised at just how much I get through. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Original Poster

pooool

This WAS a great 24 gb deal: … This WAS a great 24 gb deal: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-payg-trio-data-sim-preloaded-with-24-gb-data-28-40-amazon-2543727Only the 12 gb left now. Mymemory also got it.

Yes, unfortunately not enough data for me

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

AFAIK 50GB+ monthly cellular data is only available via 3 as … AFAIK 50GB+ monthly cellular data is only available via 3 as All-You-Can-Eat (AYCE) on-handset data; other providers have "unlimited" products where the FUP / AUP will be triggered well-before 64GB. 3 have a SIMO option with AYCE on-handset 4G data for around £24/month before any cashback / signup incentives, and whilst the SIM may function in a data-only device it would be against 3's t&c to do so.The least-cost route whilst ignoring t&c may be to use the 3 AYCE 4G data SIM in a cheap Android handset and provide wifi for your smart devices via the FoxFi Android app that 3 interprets as on-handset bandwidth. Total new hardware & app outlay of say £25+, maybe less if you have an old non-3-branded Android handset kicking around a drawer somewhere. But that leaves you with a redundant Huawei Cube.A more flexible option to obtain better router-like facilities may be to use the Android handset with an Asus router as most recent Asus models will accept an Android handset (and some mobile BB dongles) as its internet source. However, you may lose the on-handset cloaking benefit of the FoxFi app, but if using a non-3-branded handset it may not functionally matter.

Thanks for this, I will look in to this, notheard of FoxFi before. Googling now. Thanks.

MickyD

Thanks for this, I will look in to this, notheard of FoxFi before. … Thanks for this, I will look in to this, notheard of FoxFi before. Googling now. Thanks.

Probably also worth looking at 3's KFI statement (or any other provider's KFI) to make sure you are OK with the limitations.

MickyD

Yes, unfortunately not enough data for me

64GB / month is achieveable via two 4G EE 32GB £14.50 data SIMs identified in thread below, although at total nearly £30 I suspect a wired solution would be more cost effective and lift the 64GB limit.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…582
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions