What's the best site to sell electronic items other than ebay.

Posted 9th Aug 2020
Hey guys, as title says "what's the best place to sell electronic items other than ebay?"

I decided to no longer sell/buy anything on eBay after they took buyers side regarding item not as described case. Buyer opened a case after 3 weeks saying its not as described. I sold brand new sealed item (Samsung ssd) but buyer said its used.

I have brand new Sony Alpha 6600 camara and 2x used 8gb ddr4 3200mhz laptop ram to sell.
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
you can’t trust anyone, but I expect people will suggest Facebook marketplace (I don’t know how to get there though)
i tend to use gumtree but you don't get much money and have to sell the item very cheap to get interest.
Avforums or talk photography
Another vote for AVForums.com although if it is a relatively expensive item, you may be asked to post first as it is the done way on there.

Just make sure you sell it to someone with 20+ feedback and some recent history and you'll be fine.

Or just have it as collection only.
Towelie09/08/2020 18:57

Another vote for AVForums.com although if it is a relatively expensive …Another vote for AVForums.com although if it is a relatively expensive item, you may be asked to post first as it is the done way on there.Just make sure you sell it to someone with 20+ feedback and some recent history and you'll be fine. Or just have it as collection only.

Thanx. I'll go for collection only option. Its safe to go with cash on collection so buyer can check and I don't have to worry about money.
Bigspin: Did you challenge ebay? From other posts they seem to consider themselves judge and jury, so the more people who don't let them get away with it, the better!
adam.mt09/08/2020 19:00

Bigspin: Did you challenge ebay? From other posts they seem to consider …Bigspin: Did you challenge ebay? From other posts they seem to consider themselves judge and jury, so the more people who don't let them get away with it, the better!

I did and even provided photos but fell deaf ears. I even asked them why buyer wait 3 weeks to open a case and they said sometimes it take time.

So I decided to say F* ebay and stop selling. Worst part is a month ago I registered with hmrc for ebay selling and now I have to declare last 3 moths record and call it a day once taxes paid.
Overclockers Forum.

Facebook marketplace.
Does anyone remember local papers? They were a good place to sell. It’s all gumtrees and ebays now.
I think I'll try AVForums.com and Facebook marketplace for camara. CEX only offering £4xx for £1300 camara.
can you sell anything on avforums?

I have like clothing, kids toys, electronics
I use Gumtree and Preloved but to be honest never sold a button on Preloved but sold everything on Gumtree and no ripoff ebay or Amazon costs!
Hukd used to have a for sale feature with feedback. I don't know why they took it away it worked so well 😪
Bigspin09/08/2020 19:05

I did and even provided photos but fell deaf ears. I even asked them why …I did and even provided photos but fell deaf ears. I even asked them why buyer wait 3 weeks to open a case and they said sometimes it take time.So I decided to say F* ebay and stop selling. Worst part is a month ago I registered with hmrc for ebay selling and now I have to declare last 3 moths record and call it a day once taxes paid.

That sucks. Wise to jump ship.
nest_of_pandas09/08/2020 20:41

Hukd used to have a for sale feature with feedback. I don't know why they …Hukd used to have a for sale feature with feedback. I don't know why they took it away it worked so well 😪

really
Try gumtree or Shpock
Mendoza09/08/2020 19:53

can you sell anything on avforums?I have like clothing, kids toys, …can you sell anything on avforums?I have like clothing, kids toys, electronics

Surprisingly - you can.

avforums.com/for…44/
I was over at a friend's the other day. He was selling a pair of Bose headphones. The whole transaction to about an hour to complete from when it was posted on shpock. They agreed a price guy turns up and buisness was done. Pretty impressive I thought. Both did well out of it as there was no postage or fees!
Edited by: "daalphamale" 10th Aug
daalphamale10/08/2020 11:13

I was over at a friend's the other day. He was selling a pair of Bose …I was over at a friend's the other day. He was selling a pair of Bose headphones. The whole transaction to about an hour to complete from when it was posted on shpock. They agreed a price guy turns up and buisness was done. Pretty impressive I thought. Both did well out of it as there was no postage or fees!

Use shpock cash on collection, check the notes, show them the working item and answer questions, as its local you may get a lower price but its cash in your hand, you do get wasters on it thougj
Post a comment
@
    Text