Groups

whats the best email adress for payments?

Banned
    Hi all.

in the middle of setting up a payment adress for my website.

which sounds best? [email protected] [email protected] .. [email protected]

or any others you can think of? im stuck between billing and sales?

its not really a biggie just wandering what the most popular seems to be? cant really afford to buy alot these days so wouldnt know lol

19 Comments

Billing
    I'd use sales for sales queries.

You shouldn't have to buy email addresses, if you own the domain name and have a good host set up. I have unlimited emails e.g. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etc

I would go for billing, and have sales for sales enquiries

Why not avoid an online e-mail address ... they always attract spam

Instead have a PHP contact form, then a message can be emailed to you, but there is no actual email address shown, so no automatic robots can find it and spam you

See example here

phpeasystep.com/php…tml

wbmkk

Why not avoid an online e-mail address ... they always attract … Why not avoid an online e-mail address ... they always attract spamInstead have a PHP contact form, then a message can be emailed to you, but there is no actual email address shown, so no automatic robots can find it and spam youSee example here http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/8.html

Great advice.

Original Poster Banned

faevilangel

You shouldn't have to buy email addresses, if you own the domain name and … You shouldn't have to buy email addresses, if you own the domain name and have a good host set up. I have unlimited emails e.g. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etcI would go for billing, and have sales for sales enquiries

my domain was bought with 123 reg.. they want £11 for each additional addy

Original Poster Banned

wbmkk

Why not avoid an online e-mail address ... they always attract … Why not avoid an online e-mail address ... they always attract spamInstead have a PHP contact form, then a message can be emailed to you, but there is no actual email address shown, so no automatic robots can find it and spam youSee example here http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/8.html

Hi yes i will be using a PHP contact form for support/feedback etc.
    just wanted to use an email account linked to the sites name when paying through paypal etc..

Marina

Great advice.

u don't know

Charlie Scene

u don't know

Oh yes I do!

but you dont :-)

wbmkk

Still need an email address for the emails to go to

Original Poster Banned

faevilangel

yeh i can just use an ordinary mail adress.. for example @gmail.com for that right?

DangerGod

my domain was bought with 123 reg.. they want £11 for each additional … my domain was bought with 123 reg.. they want £11 for each additional addy

How about £15 for unlimited email accounts and hosting space for your website

Never buy additional email addresses from 123-reg, it's expensive and not worth it...

DangerGod

yeh i can just use an ordinary mail adress.. for example @gmail.com for … yeh i can just use an ordinary mail adress.. for example @gmail.com for that right?

You can,

Banned

Charlie Scene

[email protected]

oO but I get it.

faevilangel

Doesn't really matter what you use ... nobody will actually see it, unless you are replying to somebody.

Defo Billing
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56

See more discussions