Groups

Whats the best free AVI Video Joiner?

Banned
    Seem to get a lot of 700mb files lately that need joining together. Any recommendations?

cheers

About time this practice was stopped as surely people dont burn them on to cdrs these days lol

9 Comments

i use virtual dub it's easy and best of all free !
    or HJSplit but i prefer the 1st 1

VirtualDub is good... but cant handle avis with different audio sample rates.

Best one for me is Avi Demux 2, which will join anything you chuck at it in regards to audio sample rates.

I use both tbh, mainly coz im very familiar with Vdub... but if i get a problematic one in regards to audio i switch to AviDemux2.

Original Poster Banned

shacal;6807195

i use virtual dub it's easy and best of all free ! or HJSplit but i … i use virtual dub it's easy and best of all free ! or HJSplit but i prefer the 1st 1

Squelds;6807268

VirtualDub is good... but cant handle avis with different audio sample … VirtualDub is good... but cant handle avis with different audio sample rates.Best one for me is Avi Demux 2, which will join anything you chuck at it in regards to audio sample rates.I use both tbh, mainly coz im very familiar with Vdub... but if i get a problematic one in regards to audio i switch to AviDemux2.

virtualdub it is. audio rates should be the same in my cases. repped and thanks

Original Poster Banned

Damn! didnt work as couldnt decompress xvid. Tried installing the latest xvid codecs but still didnt work. Any other options please?

Try installing K-Lite codec pack and see if that helps.

Original Poster Banned

Squelds;6807517

Try installing K-Lite codec pack and see if that helps.

thanks but want to keep my new pc clean for the mo as its 64bit win7 so might cause problems. I'll just stick with 2 avis :thumbsup:

Try AviDemux as a last resort.. might be a bit better coz it seems to take everything i chuck at it ;-)

Original Poster Banned

Squelds;6807607

Try AviDemux as a last resort.. might be a bit better coz it seems to … Try AviDemux as a last resort.. might be a bit better coz it seems to take everything i chuck at it ;-)

Nice one! That did the trick. Joined 2 x 700mb avi files together in less than a minute! :thumbsup:

thanks again

Great ! No probs - its an excellent, and pretty little known product, that is ever so powerful and handles a lot of things VDub wont. Good to know its sorted ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846174
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764227
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1221
      4. Find out how good your GP surgery is56

See more discussions