Groups

What,s the best Free site for epub's ?

I am after a few epub books, but I can't seem to find the right ones, im looking for more paperback and casual style books, all the sites seem to have very classic books, ie Shakespeare etc.

6 Comments

You will mostly only get "classic" books for free from legitimate sources.

If your expecting the latest bestsellers then you will need to illegally steal them using bittorrent sites or usenet.

I own a Kindle and Amazon from time to time have various kindle books for free, some are modern, but generally they are the first book in a series to tempt you into a good read. Then buying the rest of the series, I'll assume you have a Sony reader using Epub standard and I have never bought one (epub title) so no idea where you would start looking, BUT as stated in the original line you won't find anything "modern" on "free" book sites.

Books in most countries become copyright free 70 years after the death of the author, they can then be legally converted for release as free electronic media such as ePub. This is usually the reason why all the classics can be found legally for free, even though some big companies will still try and charge for them.

Go to archive.org. You'll that people have converted books into epub that do not exist elsewhere. Just type epub in the search box.
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 28th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Ta everyone will be looking In to these suggestions

Just in case you don't know, download a program called Calibre. It will allow you to convert any format into epub. Its also great for managing your library. My Sony PRS650 is probably the best thing I have bought in recent years. Absolutely love it.

Original Poster

martinhb

Just in case you don't know, download a program called Calibre. It will … Just in case you don't know, download a program called Calibre. It will allow you to convert any format into epub. Its also great for managing your library. My Sony PRS650 is probably the best thing I have bought in recent years. Absolutely love it.

Ta will investigate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261381
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.411
      3. word association Game74044574
      4. Giffgaff New goodybags33

See more discussions