What's the best graphics card for a Dell E520 Desktop PC? budget = £40

Found 31st Oct 2009
A couple of years ago I bought one of the Dell E520 Desktop PCs, you know, the one from the legendary Dell deal posted by MikeT. I want to upgrade the graphics card to one that has DVI or HDMI, but only have a budget of £40. I'd be obliged if someone could recommend one. Thanks.

11 Comments

Original Poster

Below is the link to the legendary deal.
hotukdeals.com/ite…20-

What do you want to use the card for,If it is for games which games ?.

Banned

I had that pc until a week ago

it has a smallish psu and no P10 power connector so the best card I found was an nvidia 7600GT

The ]owner's manual for your PC lists it as having a PCI-Express 16x slot, so it's just a case of finding a graphics card that has the outputs you want. A 7600GT would be a ridiculous choice now and would draw more power than necessary if you just want it for the outputs, something like ]this 4350 with Dual DVI-I would be a better choice, although it is very slow so you wouldn't want to use it for any gaming or 3d effects.

7600gt is best one for it. Not too bad, obviously pretty old now. Could play half life well tho, n cod 4 not so bad

Banned

EndlessWaves;6742692

The ]owner's manual for your PC lists it as having a PCI-Express 16x … The ]owner's manual for your PC lists it as having a PCI-Express 16x slot, so it's just a case of finding a graphics card that has the outputs you want. A 7600GT would be a ridiculous choice now and would draw more power than necessary if you just want it for the outputs, something like ]this 4350 with Dual DVI-I would be a better choice, although it is very slow so you wouldn't want to use it for any gaming or 3d effects.

so you recommend one that is very slow and no good for gaming over a 7600gt :whistling:

my 7600gt plays games just fine except something like crysis on full

Well for less than £40 a 4650. Overclocked edition ]here. I cant believe people are recommending a 7600gt! When he bought it yes, but now, come on people.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6743762

Well for less than £40 a 4650. Overclocked edition ]here. I cant believe … Well for less than £40 a 4650. Overclocked edition ]here. I cant believe people are recommending a 7600gt! When he bought it yes, but now, come on people.

I was only saying that anything more at the time when I bought mine required a P10 connector and this pc doesnt have one.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6743762

Well for less than £40 a 4650. Overclocked edition ]here. I cant believe … Well for less than £40 a 4650. Overclocked edition ]here. I cant believe people are recommending a 7600gt! When he bought it yes, but now, come on people.

That looks ideal, especially in regard the budget of £40.

Thanks and rep to all who helped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I know it's been a while since I asked the question in the title, but I just ordered a 7600GT from ]Amazon. Thanks again :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I cancelled the above order and ordered a Sapphire HD 4670 from Amazon instead. Hopefully that'll do the job and I can play Mass Effect and more.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/68504...-pci-e-ultimat
Post a comment
@
    Text