What's the best holiday park in Norfolk/Suffolk?....

Found 7th Jan 2013
Hey all,

Thinking of a going on a short break (4 adults and 5 kids) at Easter and I wonder if anyone can give me a bit of advice as to the best holiday park with decent swimming pools and evening entertainment in Norfolk/Suffolk out of:

Park resorts manor park
Haven Caister
Park resorts California cliffs
Haven seashore
Haven wild duck
Haven Hopton
Cherry tree holiday park
Breydon Water
Broadland Sands
Kessingland Beach

Advice gratefully received!

Foxy
Community Updates
21 Comments
Haven Hopton.
Park Resorts California Cliffs was outstanding the 2 times we have been there
cant complain about haven hopton been a few times when young and had fun
Haven Caister is very nice and right on the beach
Been to Kessingland Beach for the last 5 years, really good park going again this year the entertainment is the best out of all the parks i have been too, Haven just want to grab your money, having congas with the characters and leading kids to the photographer really sneaky ! , Haven's are ok but we find them way too busy, you always have trouble getting into the entertainment venues and if you do they are overcrowded.

Wild Duck is the least busy out of the Havens in the area

Edited by: "deanos" 7th Jan 2013
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated
I forgot to ask ,did you want to stay on park all day ? or go do you go on days out ?

If staying on park in the day then Caistor has loads to do in the daytime and its the best for that out of the ones listed, but night-time its too busy for us.
just thought i would ask , if not planning to stay in the park but use as base and planning to go on days out, where is the best place to be? i mean central. Any best places to visit in norfolk / suffolk?
shybeauty

just thought i would ask , if not planning to stay in the park but use as … just thought i would ask , if not planning to stay in the park but use as base and planning to go on days out, where is the best place to be? i mean central. Any best places to visit in norfolk / suffolk?

We stay at Kessingland, as north you have Gt Yarmouth for the lively day out, and south you have Southwold & Aldeburgh for the quieter days , there is also Pleasurewood Hills at lowestoft which is a good day out , and Africa Alive

Morrisons, Pizza Hut, McDonalds is 3 min drive away and there is a Beefeater and Harvester other side of Lowerstoft and Toby Carvery at Gorleston for cheap meals
Breydon is nice, park resorts have recently taken it over and done it up a bit, and you are near great yarmouth's centre.

Manor park is in Hunstanton and that's lovely but a quieter seaside town, near Norfolk lavender do depends what you prefer
if you want swimming manor park is outdoor pool only
deanos and Mallow2, thanks for your suggestions and advice, we went to cornwall last holiday and it was fantastic. It was our first time at holiday parks. Its great if you have young ones.

As the OP, we are planning to go Norfolk/suffolk too, never been to that side of the world heard lots of nice places there.
shybeauty

deanos and Mallow2, thanks for your suggestions and advice, we went to … deanos and Mallow2, thanks for your suggestions and advice, we went to cornwall last holiday and it was fantastic. It was our first time at holiday parks. Its great if you have young ones. As the OP, we are planning to go Norfolk/suffolk too, never been to that side of the world heard lots of nice places there.

There are a few nice places this side. None of which have been mentioned in this thread. Certainly none as nice as Cornwall...

so dear sancho1983, could you please mention those lovely places you have in mind. I believe every side of the world have its beauty.

sancho1983

There are a few nice places this side. None of which have been mentioned … There are a few nice places this side. None of which have been mentioned in this thread. Certainly none as nice as Cornwall...

Have a day/afternoon in Sudbury whilst your in the area.

sudbury.org.uk/
Original Poster
Hi Sancho, I've been to Devon/Cornwall/Somerset every year for the past 10 years or so, and fancied a change. The best park I think I've been to was Haven Burnham-on-sea. That was really nice.
Holt is nice, Cromer isn't bad. Wells next the Sea is decent. Brancaster beach is my second favourite beach I've ever been to.

Basically anywhere between Hunstanton and great Yarmouth is nice. Those 2 places are **** though.
Burnham Deepdale and Burnham Market are lovely also.
sancho1983

Burnham Deepdale and Burnham Market are lovely also.

Shhh can't have everyone descending on Burnham Market!
But in all seriousness open it depends on what you are looking for, I assumed big noisy places but if you want quieter places then Sancho has mentioned some great ones.
Used to live in Hunstanton and it was a nice place to live compared to other places but not as nice as where we are now. But I prefer the quieter places,
Sancho, you mentioned about second best place. How about the best best place? is kessingland beach any in your list.

Mallow2, we are ok to stay anywhere nice and quite or busy, as we will be on days out on most of the days. we love beach, so somewhere near beach is preferred. also we love historical places, building, castle. rivers if any, scenery ,countryside, horses.

just looking a central place to stay so we could plan our journey shorter to each places, if that makes any sense.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions