Groups

Whats the best homebrew for the PSP?

Just got a PSP and i've been looking into getting games working via the memory card. I've bought a pandora battery but want to know now which is the best software to put on it and where can i get it from as i've been on various sites and there's loads to choose from??

Thanks

9 Comments

Depends on which PSP you have but you can't go wrong with GEN-D or M33

Banned

is there any difference really? I have 5.03 I think and plays all the games / media

Original Poster

Flodd;8703263

Depends on which PSP you have but you can't go wrong with GEN-D or M33

Looking at the sticker across the bottom at the end it says PSP2003 so i assume i've got a PSP 2003 what ever that is? :thinking:

I'm still a novice on these things, only bought off my mate yesterday

I take it you have got a magic memory stick to go with your pandora?

I think the emulators you can get for the PSP have come a long way. Nothing better than snes and megadrive games on the move!

Original Poster

Hawkings Boots;8703510

I take it you have got a magic memory stick to go with your pandora?I … I take it you have got a magic memory stick to go with your pandora?I think the emulators you can get for the PSP have come a long way. Nothing better than snes and megadrive games on the move!

The magic memory stick is just the 'firmware' that you put on the memory card isn't it, then with the pandora connected it installs the Firmware to the psp?

Just checked the Software Version its got on already and it states Version 5.51, is this a problem as some sites state if you've gone above Version 5.03 then you can't go back?

Hope what i'm saying makes sense as i don't really fully understand what i'm doing here :thinking:

steevieboy4u;8703381

Looking at the sticker across the bottom at the end it says PSP2003 so i … Looking at the sticker across the bottom at the end it says PSP2003 so i assume i've got a PSP 2003 what ever that is? :thinking:I'm still a novice on these things, only bought off my mate yesterday

1000 series is the Phat n Heavy
    2000 Series is the Slim n Lite
    3000 Series is the Slim n Brite

The number at the end denotes which country its from, so 2003 is a slim n lite UK version.

steevieboy4u;8703613

The magic memory stick is just the 'firmware' that you put on the memory … The magic memory stick is just the 'firmware' that you put on the memory card isn't it, then with the pandora connected it installs the Firmware to the psp?Just checked the Software Version its got on already and it states Version 5.51, is this a problem as some sites state if you've gone above Version 5.03 then you can't go back?Hope what i'm saying makes sense as i don't really fully understand what i'm doing here :thinking:

Pretty much yeah, load the files onto a memory card less than 4gb and away you go... there are some motherboards on the 2000 you can't flash and the 3000 requires reflashing every time you turn it on but with a pandora you should be able to downgrade the firmware sufficiently...

EDIT : I use Pspslimhacks...

Original Poster

Flodd;8703877

1000 series is the Phat n Heavy2000 Series is the Slim n Lite3000 Series … 1000 series is the Phat n Heavy2000 Series is the Slim n Lite3000 Series is the Slim n BriteThe number at the end denotes which country its from, so 2003 is a slim n lite UK version. Pretty much yeah, load the files onto a memory card less than 4gb and away you go... there are some motherboards on the 2000 you can't flash and the 3000 requires reflashing every time you turn it on but with a pandora you should be able to downgrade the firmware sufficiently...EDIT : I use Pspslimhacks...

Thanks. When my pandora arrives i'll have a bash. How do i know what motherboard my 2000 is? Knowing my luck i'll have the one you mentioned that can't be flashed!

I've just downloaded 'psp grader 8' ran it (without my pandora) it seemed to install a load of stuff but the firmware is still stating version 5.51 do i need the pandora battery fitted before doing this?

steevieboy4u;8704112

Thanks. When my pandora arrives i'll have a bash. How do i know what … Thanks. When my pandora arrives i'll have a bash. How do i know what motherboard my 2000 is? Knowing my luck i'll have the one you mentioned that can't be flashed!I've just downloaded 'psp grader 8' ran it (without my pandora) it seemed to install a load of stuff but the firmware is still stating version 5.51 do i need the pandora battery fitted before doing this?

You're best to wait for your Pandora unless you want a rather expensive PSP shaped paper weight :thumbsup:

good info flodd, thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1947
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764418
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213620
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1533

See more discussions