Expired

Whats the best indoor tv aerial about please?

19 replies
Found 28th Nov 2008
as title ^^^^^

recommendations pleaseeeeee

thank you guys

1. Ask
  2. Aerial
  3. TV
19 Comments

the other half with a coat hanger and some tinfoil

usefull and hours of fun

Original Poster

tsar_nate;3596779

the other half with a coat hanger and some tinfoilusefull and hours of fun

i dont have one of those :cry:

Banned

loupomm;3596815

i dont have one of those :cry:

well a plastic one is no good ;-)

hun have you priced up having an outdoor one fitted, around here it isnt overly expensive

cat ?

not sure where to source an ariel as i use sky and i cant get freeview where i am

Generally speaking most indoor aerials are pretty similar so its the height of the aerial is more important than the actual construction (the higher you can place it, the better). Ones with a built-in booster may improve your signal if its a bit weak on the analogue channels but don't expect to get digital off an indoor aerial unless your in a really strong signal area (at least until they switch off analogue) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;3596836

well a plastic one is no good ;-)hun have you priced up having an outdoor … well a plastic one is no good ;-)hun have you priced up having an outdoor one fitted, around here it isnt overly expensive

How bout rubber? :whistling:

not had a price for that, will consider it :thumbsup:

tsar_nate;3596855

cat ? not sure where to source an ariel as i use sky and i cant get … cat ? not sure where to source an ariel as i use sky and i cant get freeview where i am

not cat either, just 3 kids, 4 hamsters, will any of them do? :giggle:

jah128;3596891

Generally speaking most indoor aerials are pretty similar so its the … Generally speaking most indoor aerials are pretty similar so its the height of the aerial is more important than the actual construction (the higher you can place it, the better). Ones with a built-in booster may improve your signal if its a bit weak on the analogue channels but don't expect to get digital off an indoor aerial unless your in a really strong signal area (at least until they switch off analogue) :thumbsup:

thank you for the tips, rep left for all

Banned

daughters aerial is in attic and ok for tv, pretty good for freeview untill you walk past it - lol
son has an indoor aerial attached to tv, and its brilliant for normal tv but would get freeview

A bloke round here charges £60 for an outdoor aerial split into two rooms, think thats a pretty good price, and certainly worth ringing around

Original Poster

sassie;3596955

daughters aerial is in attic and ok for tv, pretty good for freeview … daughters aerial is in attic and ok for tv, pretty good for freeview untill you walk past it - lolson has an indoor aerial attached to tv, and its brilliant for normal tv but would get freeviewA bloke round here charges £60 for an outdoor aerial split into two rooms, think thats a pretty good price, and certainly worth ringing around

is he good looking? :w00t::whistling:

not bad tho, will ask around i think

Banned

loupomm;3597007

is he good looking? :w00t::whistling:not bad tho, will ask around i think

afraid not :oops:

he put my sisters up, and i had already brought little guy one from argos that in all honesty does the job but no good for freeview and it cost me £20, after xmas going to get him to put an outdoor aerial up split between their two rooms

Original Poster

sassie;3597026

afraid not :oops:he put my sisters up, and i had already brought little … afraid not :oops:he put my sisters up, and i had already brought little guy one from argos that in all honesty does the job but no good for freeview and it cost me £20, after xmas going to get him to put an outdoor aerial up split between their two rooms

deffo something ot consider eventually was hoping for something quick and simple for now :thumbsup:

Banned

loupomm;3597133

deffo something ot consider eventually was hoping for something quick … deffo something ot consider eventually was hoping for something quick and simple for now :thumbsup:

dont waste money on quick fixes hun, phone up some tomorrow and see how much and how quick they can install :thumbsup:

]This is supposed to be one of the best for Digital according to a review site I've long since forgotten.

Banned

Robotochan;3597236

]This is supposed to be one of the best for Digital according to a review … ]This is supposed to be one of the best for Digital according to a review site I've long since forgotten.

That is the one i got but with the amplifier, and they are ok for freeview as long as you dont walk past it

sassie;3597253

That is the one i got but with the amplifier, and they are ok for … That is the one i got but with the amplifier, and they are ok for freeview as long as you dont walk past it

I have mine selotaped to the window, we don't get a good signal here :whistling This is the only aerial so far that's worked

Original Poster

thanks Robo, will look at that one

any more suggestions guys?

I need one of these too 'cus I get no signal from my aerial socket, I might get that one from Argos.

Banned

Abvance;3597793

I need one of these too 'cus I get no signal from my aerial socket, I … I need one of these too 'cus I get no signal from my aerial socket, I might get that one from Argos.

sorry, that so made me laugh :oops:

Moved to correct forum

sassie;3597811

sorry, that so made me laugh :oops:

You have a dirty mind! ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien45
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    3. Foo fighters presale code.1110