What’s the best internet booster?

Posted 8th Oct
I live in a two bed house convention, the bedrooms are downstairs and in the hallway and toilet I get no internet ( even with virgin previously)
Virgin had provided me with free booster
Now that I am with Vodafone they gave me £40 credit for order one myself.
I don’t know much about boosters, was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good on within that budget ?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I am not familiar with the VM-supplied item but cannot it be re-purposed for Voda?
AndyRoyd08/10/2019 19:02

I am not familiar with the VM-supplied item but cannot it be re-purposed …I am not familiar with the VM-supplied item but cannot it be re-purposed for Voda?

Once your contract ends with virgin you have to send the router and all accessories back ( which I did )
So currently no booster at all.
Tenda MW3 would be good I think, slightly over your budget but its future proof:
box.co.uk/Ten…tml
Myriad08/10/2019 19:29

Tenda MW3 would be good I think, slightly over your budget but its future …Tenda MW3 would be good I think, slightly over your budget but its future proof:https://www.box.co.uk/Tenda-Nova-(MW3)-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Kit-(2_2343923.html

Hi thanks looks interesting
Confused with reviews will check reviews on other sites
Your possible approaches are:
1. Extender/repeater or mesh devices - being dual band, the Tenda mesh system can use the higher capacity 5GHz band for the link, avoiding the throughput halving that extenders suffer from on 2.4GHz.
2. Powerline to Wifi (powerline source unit connects wired to router, destination unit provides Wifi)
3. Wired connection to an additional access point (some extenders offer AP mode).

Important difference, with an extender or mesh (mesh is much more versatile with 3 nodes, allowing multi-hop to resolve the most trying cases), the device must be able to catch the signal, so it can't be directly placed in the dead spot, while a wired access point or powerline Wifi does not rely on the existing signal
matth999909/10/2019 02:13

Your possible approaches are:1. Extender/repeater or mesh devices - being …Your possible approaches are:1. Extender/repeater or mesh devices - being dual band, the Tenda mesh system can use the higher capacity 5GHz band for the link, avoiding the throughput halving that extenders suffer from on 2.4GHz.2. Powerline to Wifi (powerline source unit connects wired to router, destination unit provides Wifi)3. Wired connection to an additional access point (some extenders offer AP mode).Important difference, with an extender or mesh (mesh is much more versatile with 3 nodes, allowing multi-hop to resolve the most trying cases), the device must be able to catch the signal, so it can't be directly placed in the dead spot, while a wired access point or powerline Wifi does not rely on the existing signal

Thank you
I am just so confused about what I need to get
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants