Groups

What's the best ISA rate?

Moneysupermarket seems a bit lame at including some of the better ISA rates.

I'm looking for the best rate to transfer in an existing ISA worth £14k

Anyone?

18 Comments

Seems to be with Alliance & Leicester.
    ]http//ww…isa

The highest one, usually.

alliance and leicester dont allow transfers on that one - has to be only new business

3.4% at Newcastle Building Society, and it allows transfers in. You have to set up a nine month payment of 100 pounds a month but you can deposit your remaining 4200 in cash and transfer all existing isa's to get the 3.4% rate. This beats A & L hands down.

Banned

059;8324689

3.4% at Newcastle Building Society, and it allows transfers in. You have … 3.4% at Newcastle Building Society, and it allows transfers in. You have to set up a nine month payment of 100 pounds a month but you can deposit your remaining 4200 in cash and transfer all existing isa's to get the 3.4% rate. This beats A & L hands down.

totally disagree. You have to make 9 regular monthly payments into the account so in effect you will be losing up to 9 months of interest on the regular payment amount

also, the A&L rate will increase along with base rates which is quite likely.

csiman;8325288

totally disagree. You have to make 9 regular monthly payments into the … totally disagree. You have to make 9 regular monthly payments into the account so in effect you will be losing up to 9 months of interest on the regular payment amountalso, the A&L rate will increase along with base rates which is quite likely.

Rubbish. 0.2% of 900 pound is next to nothing, and the ability to put 35000 of previous isa allowances in to the full 3.4% makes it a winner. I wouldn't touch A&L or Abbey or Santander with a 10 ft barge pole.

Original Poster

boothy;8325364

4%http://www.thenottingham.com/

thanks this looks good:thumbsup:

Original Poster

balls. only available in Branch - nearest to me is nottingham which is *******' miles away!

Banned

059;8325519

Rubbish. 0.2% of 900 pound is next to nothing, and the ability to put … Rubbish. 0.2% of 900 pound is next to nothing, and the ability to put 35000 of previous isa allowances in to the full 3.4% makes it a winner. I wouldn't touch A&L or Abbey or Santander with a 10 ft barge pole.

someone isnt very good at basic understanding lol

there isnt a chance in hell of base rates remaining at 0.5% for another year!

EPIC FAIL!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/vybgbr.gif

"someone isnt very good at basic understanding lol.."

That would be you then. The base rate can go to 5-6% (never happen) and this rate will still not come anywhere near what I will get as a return on my 3500 at 3.4%.
    If all you have is a couple of hundred quid to put away then fine stick with A&L, for such a small amount it makes no difference where you go or what the rates are, but for those of us who do understand the markets and have more cash available as a result, we prefer more realistic offers.

kent reliance have 4% fixed until sept 2014. Penalty for withdrawal is 100 days loss of interest. Postal but I just phoned them to discuss. Thinking about it as I have some in a now carp account with them already so a transfer would be quick.

C&G Fixed-Rate ISA - Issue 5 - 3.5%
    You can transfer additional cash ISA savings from previous tax years
    Emergency withdrawal facility, subject to a charge equivalent to 120 days’ gross interest on the amount withdrawn
    Fixed until 30 June 2012

Banned

059;8330346

"someone isnt very good at basic understanding lol.."That would be you … "someone isnt very good at basic understanding lol.."That would be you then. The base rate can go to 5-6% (never happen) and this rate will still not come anywhere near what I will get as a return on my 3500 at 3.4%.If all you have is a couple of hundred quid to put away then fine stick with A&L, for such a small amount it makes no difference where you go or what the rates are, but for those of us who do understand the markets and have more cash available as a result, we prefer more realistic offers.

Oh my lord!

So you carry on and put £3500 in at 3.4%. Meanwhile, I will put £3500 in the A&L at 3.2%. Even if interest rates only go up 0.5% in the next 8 months I will earn more interest than you! :whistling:

Maths isn't your forte obviously :w00t::roll:

This is a good summary thread on it at mse - you don't need to read all 100 pages - the first post is updated as new deals come on.

]http//fo…374

chalkysoil;8330600

the last page ( first post) of this thread seems a good summary … the last page ( first post) of this thread seems a good summary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=401374&page=103head aches already ...

Any new Isa yet?

I've xferred my old KR money to KR @ £3.25 fixed for 18months & added £2k. Might regret it but at least it's somewhere.
    Still got dh's to do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions