Expired

Whats the best Printer that prints black & white + colour and copies and scans

Found 14th Jun
I feel like this is the first thing I think about when I get up and the last thing at night. Please save me from myself as this is quite frankly so very sad, lol. I have been searching for ages. I think I've found one that looks good, then I come across scathing reviews so I carry on looking and it happens again and again. I've had bad experiences with previous machines, having spent money on carttridges I can no longer use because the printer's packed up....Please help if you can, I'm loosing the will...
Community Updates
AskComputers
16 Comments
I really like my HP 3637. It's wireless and is the first printer that has worked reliably.
Don’t buy Epson. Connecting issues and if I leave it unused for about 2/3 weeks always have to head clean and check alignment otherwise printing is not clear.
Brother for a mono MFP. Can't recommend a particular model but they are often discounted + with cheap aftermarket toners
MR112325 m ago

Don’t buy Epson. Connecting issues and if I leave it unused for about 2/3 w …Don’t buy Epson. Connecting issues and if I leave it unused for about 2/3 weeks always have to head clean and check alignment otherwise printing is not clear.

That's why you should buy a laser printer rather than ink jet, most ink jet printers have the same problem not just Epson. I find dell laser printers are as good as any and reasonable price, plus you can get unbranded replacement toner cartridges fairly cheap on eBay that work as good as original toners.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 14th Jun
This recent thread might be of some use New printer
Thanks guys for the comments so far, very helpful...
SOUTHWALES2 h, 12 m ago

That's why you should buy a laser printer rather than ink jet, most ink …That's why you should buy a laser printer rather than ink jet, most ink jet printers have the same problem not just Epson. I find dell laser printers are as good as any and reasonable price, plus you can get unbranded replacement toner cartridges fairly cheap on eBay that work as good as original toners.

Wanting to get a laser printer was my goal in the beginning but could not find one that met all the demands I specified at an affordable price for me. Do you have any suggestions please?
Dell C1765NFW laser Print/Scan/Copy/Fax. Rock solid reliability reflected by 3 yr warranty. Stable WiFi and USB and Ethernet. Ludicrously cheap compatible food. Gutted it's been discontinued, was easily the best printer anywhere near its £100 pricepoint., or free with three sets of food from IJT.
SOUTHWALES2 h, 31 m ago

That's why you should buy a laser printer rather than ink jet, most ink …That's why you should buy a laser printer rather than ink jet, most ink jet printers have the same problem not just Epson. I find dell laser printers are as good as any and reasonable price, plus you can get unbranded replacement toner cartridges fairly cheap on eBay that work as good as original toners.

If you own an Epson inkjet, then you really do need to make sure you turn it on once a week and print something to avoid head cleaning, a nozzle check page should do, otherwise expect nozzle clogs, followed by frustration and loss of temper and wasted cartridges trying to get it printing properly again. This is especially true when using genuine Epson ink, cheap ink is usually much more forgiving probably because it is less smudge and moisture resistant when dry so more readily redissolved. If you ever let an Epson Durabrite pigment ink inkjet printer dry out, it was an absolute nightmare to unclog, the print quality on standard copy paper with pigment ink was very impressive though.

A photo inkjet with photo glossy inkjet paper wins out over a laser when it comes to printing photos, otherwise a laser is less hassle as you don't have to remember to use it every week and generally better for text and prints better on standard uncoated paper.
Edited by: "melted" 15th Jun
SOUTHWALES2 h, 47 m ago

I have 3 laser ones in storage, waiting for ink to run out on epson then I’ll atart using the laser.
SOUTHWALES7 h, 3 m ago

Nothing wrong with my printer and i very rarely use it.
I really like the brother printer i have 70£ amazon and ink is like 15£ and last a long time, does not scan although, I would imagine to printers that have a scanner will be colour aswell which would make the inks more expensive, maybe and option would be a seperate printer and scanner, neither expensive but will be cheaper in ink
You are asking for the best printer. Answer: You won't be able to afford it, plus you mentioned your affordable price.... but nobody knows what that is.
My Epson XP960 Is superb.
steve.t21 h, 37 m ago

You are asking for the best printer. Answer: You won't be able to afford …You are asking for the best printer. Answer: You won't be able to afford it, plus you mentioned your affordable price.... but nobody knows what that is.

Yes that would have been helpful. Sorry, not used to doing this...

£100 is my budget, could push that but definitely no more than £130.

Again, thanks for the info guys, its definitely helping
Decided on one in a post on here

hotukdeals.com/dea…495

With the cashback deal, it will be £129.99 so within the higher end of my budget.

Thanks again all for all your help and contributions!!

Edited by: "Queenie" 19th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants