Groups
    EXPIRED

What’s the best private pension?

Hello, What is the best Private Pension provider at the moment and is there a comparison site for private pensions? Thank you

10 Comments

Vanguard self-invested pension Sipp maybe? It's all about the fees and the less you pay for advice and fees the better. Bbc Money Box covered this last month on there podcast

what sort of private pension are you referring to? a personal pension plan? i assume your employer does not provide a pension plan but they soon will have to (if not already) as auto enrolment starts this october.

Original Poster

I’ve got one with my work which deducts 5% and they match it. But I wanted to setup a private one also to put £50 a week in. Thanks for your input

Google is amazing

millward84

I’ve got one with my work which deducts 5% and they match it. But I w … I’ve got one with my work which deducts 5% and they match it. But I wanted to setup a private one also to put £50 a week in. Thanks for your input

Just put more than 5% in

millward8436 m ago

I’ve got one with my work which deducts 5% and they match it. But I wanted …I’ve got one with my work which deducts 5% and they match it. But I wanted to setup a private one also to put £50 a week in. Thanks for your input

your employer's pension plan will be the best one to use as they are normally low in fees. find out what their fees are. as another poster has said, you can increase your contribution to your employer scheme normally if you ask.

mutley1

your employer's pension plan will be the best one to use as they are … your employer's pension plan will be the best one to use as they are normally low in fees. find out what their fees are. as another poster has said, you can increase your contribution to your employer scheme normally if you ask.

+1

In many cases (like NEST for example) you can just log into your account and add funds as a one off or regular payment with out needing to speak to your company. I pay in what I was paying in mortgage payments directly into my fund. Getting the payment from the government takes a couple of months mind.

My employer currently uses NEST with us and it's quite useful with how interactive the website can be

I work in pensions and I agree you should check with your employer first. Then it's the case of charges and potential discounts and funds availability. I wouldn't recommend Nest. They're useless and slow when transferring out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Music download33
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      3. Advertised on Gumtree55
      4. Remortgaging to pay off debt89

See more discussions