What's the best reward scheme

7 replies
Found 3rd Nov 2006
Just thinking, and not including things like quidco, what's the best reward scheme?

I know of Tescos, Nectar, Boots oh and I have a Homebase Save and Spend card or something, but dunno my balance or how it works.

I like reward scheme, quite a lot, infact they get me a little to excited.

So, anyone got any better ones? And if so, why are they better?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Reward schemes get you a little excited??? now come on grdesign there's more to life!!

I have a MBNA AOL card because the points I earn get me 3/4 free AOL months each year. I also have a AMEX nectar credit card as my local supermarket is Sainsbury's so I get 3 points for every pound I spend.

There is also the WH Smith card..but I never shop there so no use to me...also have a CSMA (civil service motoring association) card that is free...all sorts of discounts including 10% at Hi Q and Nationwide Autocentres.

currychops

Reward schemes get you a little excited??? now come on grdesign there's … Reward schemes get you a little excited??? now come on grdesign there's more to life!!

Don't mock Currychops. I paid for our family holiday with Tesco Clubcard vouchers and had such a fabulous time that I'm saving them again for next year.

So how much do you have to spend at Tesco to get a free holiday???..how many are in your family??...I use my clubcard vouchers on meals out....I'd never save enough for anything more as I only visit Tesco about 6 times a year....it's too far away....and I'm not a fan of online grocery shopping...I get points from regular Tesco wine purchases.

Suppose you have to engineer your shopping to maximise your points?

WHSmith is quite good because they often do mailshots or internet promotions where you can print out a voucher for 500 points or 200 points or something so if you just wait it out and buy a bar of chocolate with a promotional print out you can rack up some decent points over the course of a year - and everyone needs something from WHSmith come christmas/birthdays

I also have Airmiles.

It really depends where you shop and what you buy...and what you want back!

Boots are great for points and theres always plenty of time where you can bump your points up with codes and triple points days.

Tesco points are always best used as deals as they seem great value for money (currently saving for a Tussauds pass!)

Sainsburys/nectar are my second choice for food shops as their rate seems to be 0.5p per pound spent, you can have more back if you spend on deals or Adams.

Body shop has a good loyalty card for everything you spend you get a stamp and get freebies on your birthday and invites to exclusive events. It does cost to start up but you get that back on your birthday in a gift anyway.

Ive never really had anything back from spend and save or toys r us unless Ive spent £100's.

currychops

So how much do you have to spend at Tesco to get a free holiday???..how … So how much do you have to spend at Tesco to get a free holiday???..how many are in your family??...I use my clubcard vouchers on meals out....I'd never save enough for anything more as I only visit Tesco about 6 times a year....it's too far away....and I'm not a fan of online grocery shopping...I get points from regular Tesco wine purchases.Suppose you have to engineer your shopping to maximise your points?

I don't buy many groceries because I don't like Tesco stores that much, BUT, they are always useful for spending those money-off vouchers that drop through the letterbox. The best way to Engineer Tesco is to look for the 1,000 free points with (usually) wine purchases. 1,000 points is worth £40 in deals, so You'll soon save up for your holiday. You can quite often get the 1,000 points spending less than £40 which effectively makes your wine (or holiday) free.

Just check the small print, because sometimes the deals points are only valid against the full retail price of a holiday, and no self respecting bargain hunter ever does that.

currychops

So how much do you have to spend at Tesco to get a free holiday???..how … So how much do you have to spend at Tesco to get a free holiday???..how many are in your family??...I use my clubcard vouchers on meals out....I'd never save enough for anything more as I only visit Tesco about 6 times a year....it's too far away....and I'm not a fan of online grocery shopping...I get points from regular Tesco wine purchases.Suppose you have to engineer your shopping to maximise your points?

I don't know how much I spend but I guess it's an average amount for 2 adults and a child. I look out for extra points coupons, I buy all my diesel from Tesco and we have pet insurance through Tesco. You can maximise your deals by combining coupons eg: Yesterday I bought 3 Lynx gift-sets using the 3 for the price of 2 deal in store. I paid using a £2 off when you spend £8 on toiletries coupon and a 50 extra clubcard points when you buy Lynx coupon. This meant I got 3 Lynx gift-sets for £2.59 each and £2 towards my next holiday.

Christmasshopper

I don't know how much I spend but I guess it's an average amount for 2 … I don't know how much I spend but I guess it's an average amount for 2 adults and a child. I look out for extra points coupons, I buy all my diesel from Tesco and we have pet insurance through Tesco. You can maximise your deals by combining coupons eg: Yesterday I bought 3 Lynx gift-sets using the 3 for the price of 2 deal in store. I paid using a £2 off when you spend £8 on toiletries coupon and a 50 extra clubcard points when you buy Lynx coupon. This meant I got 3 Lynx gift-sets for £2.59 each and £2 towards my next holiday.

You obviously have shopping off to a fine art....I do try my best to maximise my points whenever I am in Tesco...only about once a month as it's not convenient for me...so could never get enough for a holiday...although it's a great incentive for a free annual holiday.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien621
    2. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37
    3. Camera lens33
    4. Android pay set up55

See more discussions