Groups

whats the best running watch for a budget of £150?

Ideally with GPS built in. Thanks in advance

9 Comments

That's such an open-ended question, you've not given any essential required features or mentioned size specifics. People also have different meaning for the word 'best'. You can get a decent GPS watch for half that price and also for double that price both having the ability to give metrics based on the GPS data.

Have a look here for lots of impartial reviews, dcrainmaker.com
    Edited by: "paulj48" 4th May

Original Poster

Hi thanks for the response. Apologies for not being more specific. I'm currently in training for a half marathon and I'm just after something that can track distance and time accurately. I was going to opt for the Fitbit charge 2 but I don't like carrying a phone when running and I've heard the distances aren't accurate due to being based on stride length. I'll have a look at that link, thank you.

oneilnufc

Hi thanks for the response. Apologies for not being more specific. I'm … Hi thanks for the response. Apologies for not being more specific. I'm currently in training for a half marathon and I'm just after something that can track distance and time accurately. I was going to opt for the Fitbit charge 2 but I don't like carrying a phone when running and I've heard the distances aren't accurate due to being based on stride length. I'll have a look at that link, thank you.

If you have a smart phone then a simple app could be all you need (to start with anyway, have a look at Runkeeper), I know you said you don't like running with a phone but personally in this day and age I wouldn't leave the house without one, it doesn't have to be strapped to your arm, I have my iPhone in a small elasticated bum bag that I shove down my shorts/tights so it doesn't bump around.

I'd go for a Garmin. You can get great ones for that price. A Garmin is pretty much the go to for most runners.

Original Poster

RobDaDestroya

I'd go for a Garmin. You can get great ones for that price. A Garmin is … I'd go for a Garmin. You can get great ones for that price. A Garmin is pretty much the go to for most runners.

Any model in particular?

I have just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 230.
    The same as the 235, but without the heart rate sensor.

There are some really good deals at the moment on it, getting it under the £150 mark.

If you don't need HR then it's most probably you best bet.

Although I was rocking a TomTom Sport before that and thats super cheap and works just fine as a GPS watch.

I mainly use it for pace alerts.

Samsung Gear Fit 2? Loads of new ones on eBay around £80 due to a recent Samsung promotion, it has GPS and can store music locally

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies... I'd forgot all about the Samsung Gear range. I'll have a good look and compare the features but the Tom Tom and Samsung Gear would seem to be best for myself with music incorporated. Thanks again!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help please - pc issues719
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private33
      3. Turning off Best Offer on Ebay Buy It Now listings.22
      4. Apple watch34

See more discussions