What's the best sun cream

Found 25th Apr
I know the nice weather is on its way out but in case it does come back this summer... What's the best sun cream that provides 5* protection.
I saw the nivea kids deal with amazon but it's only 4*.
Looking for spf 50 ideally (I know it's overkill for the UK but I'm often working outside for 6 hours +)
Was looking at wilko vs boots soltan.. But saw a post from last year recommending lidl or aldi from a test of how well they perform.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
deleted1132166
Kiehl's is awesome. I've used many and this is the best
Highly recommend boots soltan. It’s what I use for myself and my kids
It was the Aldi Lacura spf50 200ml £2.99 that won the which award
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 25th Apr
I've never had a problem with the Boots ones, I went to Malta once and just used factor 15, it was so hot I felt like I was sunburnt.
Got back near the end of the day and I was fine - no sunburn at all
We used Marks and Sparks last year and was the first non greasy quality and well priced one we’ve used in a while we’ve tried them all!
Typical Irish pale skinned, see the sun en burn. Never had any issues with the below one. (not saying cheapest place just link)

"Nivea Sun Spray, Invisible and Non-Greasy, High SPF 50, Protect & Refresh, 200 ml"

amazon.co.uk/Niv…9WG

Use this cream for the face.
amazon.co.uk/dp/…5_t

As a base also always use a mosituriser with SPF builtin also.
Henri Lloyd Skin Protection For Men Face Moisturiser SPF 15 30ml

Also
Simple Kind to skin with factor 15 Moistursier.

The below for head/scalp/fringe line.
Malibu Clear Hair and Scalp Protector SPF 50 50ml
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 25th Apr
I suffer from a skin reaction in the sun and found all the big names were useless. Then i tried sainsburys own brand spray one and I've not has issues since they do 5 star UV rating too which is hard to find with the biggest brands. Its not great and smells nice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants