whats the best tablet for a four year old not too expensive im not sure the Groupon deals are good or not

help on best tablets for kids?

15 Comments

I've got my 2 year old a amazon Kindle kids edition for Xmas it's £99 but comes with a 2 year guarantee. If she breaks it they will replace it. So takes the worry out of buying. It also comes with 1 year of fire for kids unlimited: Access to thousands of books, TV shows, educational apps and games, it's a very child friendly tablet

+1 for kindle kids version

bought one of Groupon it was terrible aim for 2gb ram if possible

I'd go for the standard fire 7 £49.99 john lewis (2 years guarantee) - not the kids edition.
You are just paying for a load of app subscriptions for 1 year (software) which is why they charge £50 more than the standard Fire 7 with exact same spec.
You can download 100's of kids apps anyway, watch movies, youtube etc. on the regular one

I also this case below, its as good as kids and I saved £50.

ebay.co.uk/itm…082?var=&hash=item2caccbb7fa:m:miqqZutS2uyh5Xk4ArJSUbw

I'd go for a ipad 3 32GB about £100 2nd/refurbished now. I bought one about 3 years ago for £220 off amazon and put it in a griffin survivor case. The ipad has been hammered pretty much every day for the last 3 years by my 6 year old, the case is pretty beat up but the ipad is mint inside.

kester76

I'd go for a ipad 3 32GB about £100 2nd/refurbished now. I bought one … I'd go for a ipad 3 32GB about £100 2nd/refurbished now. I bought one about 3 years ago for £220 off amazon and put it in a griffin survivor case. The ipad has been hammered pretty much every day for the last 3 years by my 6 year old, the case is pretty beat up but the ipad is mint inside.

Lets get them hooked early into the Apple regime. oO

Just bought this for my 4 year old grandaughter. toysrus.co.uk/mob…001
It is also 4G so just pop in a sim and you will have mobile internet..You can use wifi when at home...cover all bases. HD 720 and best of all only £89 with free delivery ot click and collect. Awesome..

I agree with the Amazon fire or if you can find. Hudl refurb hotukdeals.com/dea…349

joesoap1

Just bought this for my 4 year old grandaughter. … Just bought this for my 4 year old grandaughter. http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/archos-80b-helium-16gb-4g-wifi-dual-sim-tablet/TRUP528760001 It is also 4G so just pop in a sim and you will have mobile internet..You can use wifi when at home...cover all bases. HD 720 and best of all only £89 with free delivery ot click and collect. Awesome..

Would've been better with 2GB RAM.

avoid groupon/wowcher. It may be cheap but they always hide specification that is low like memory.

check deals posted here

dereklogan7

Lets get them hooked early into the Apple regime. oO

​To be honest I think it has the opposite effect as they don't see it as a must have like the teen apple/beats fans

dereklogan7

Would've been better with 2GB RAM.

Yes I know but 4 year olds dont do a lot of multi tasking so should be ok. Argos do a Lenovo 10 inch HD 720 with 2 gig and 32 gig for £ 109.

My advice is if you want an android tablet the Amazon version of android is too forked..stick with something else that runs android that is close to stock..

Our kids have a 16GB iPad Mini each with a kids case from Amazon that is similar to the Kindle Kids case that Amazon do.

We tried the Kindle fire and they drove us potty with continual crashes and cruddy build quality. We had to return three in 6 months due to a screen issue, then problems with the charging port.

Obviously the iPads were more, but keeping my sanity was priceless.

I would avoid giving children tablets. wish I had not introduced my 5 year old to one.

yourot.com/par…ted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047085
    2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40212
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767181
    4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2058

See more discussions