whats the best thing to clean a shower screen thats got ingrain water marks

Found 21st Dec 2012
This screen was inherited from some previous renters who by the looks of it never cleaned it in about 5 years.Whats the best way to get it like new i have tried most glass and bathroom cleaners.Any useful tips be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
22 Comments
Cillit Bang limescale and shine.
Cillit bang it! Barry Scott swears by the Grime and Lime bathroom cleaner! I dissolved a spider with that stuff I'm sure it'll deal with soap scum!
It's not soapscum. It's a build up of body fat from dead skin cells. It is hard to shift with chemicals and a steam clean first might help.
you could try soaking it for a couple of hours with a thick paste of baking soda and vinegar..then it shoud be easier to scrub it off
Hi guys, Barry Scott here...
Move to a cleaner house.
I find that Ecover's limescale remover is excellent on galss
Shaving foam
Hg mould spray may do it, they sell it in b&q. Fumes are quite harsh but does a fantastic job on soap, mould, water marks, etc
Astonish limescale remover, neat, 99p stores usually stock it, ot The Range.
neat bleach left soaking on it for a few hours should help.
Angle grinder.
Original Poster
Just to let you know after all your wonderful advice i just went to wilkinsons and got some white vinegar and the cillit bang limescale and shine and a scourer.Went back put a layer of white vinegar waited then scoured away and got the first layer off.Then applied the cillit bang and after 5 minutes of scouring the rest of the layers came off .Then got some glass cleaner and cleaned off with a cloth and they have honestly come up brand new.A little tip i would apply the vinegar first as its powerful and strong smelling and the cillit bang can hide the smell.Cheers for all the helpful comments
archer1204

Just to let you know after all your wonderful advice i just went to … Just to let you know after all your wonderful advice i just went to wilkinsons and got some white vinegar and the cillit bang limescale and shine and a scourer.Went back put a layer of white vinegar waited then scoured away and got the first layer off.Then applied the cillit bang and after 5 minutes of scouring the rest of the layers came off .Then got some glass cleaner and cleaned off with a cloth and they have honestly come up brand new.A little tip i would apply the vinegar first as its powerful and strong smelling and the cillit bang can hide the smell.Cheers for all the helpful comments

In future use a shower cleaner on the glass before you have a shower, everytime.

Clean the water off the glass using a squeegee (like you use on windows) and you shouldn't get a build up.
I use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle once a week to keep it all clean
Original Poster
If you read my first post you will see it says inherited due to old renters of the property who couldnt be bothered to clean it.
archer1204

If you read my first post you will see it says inherited due to old … If you read my first post you will see it says inherited due to old renters of the property who couldnt be bothered to clean it.

Yes I know was just telling you an easy way to keep it like your scouring has cleaned it, as you have the vinegar now .

I read "how clean is your house "
Cillit Bang Bathroom Foam is pretty good on mine
Your tongue
Banned
what is this clit bang ?
Original Poster
Hi chasmi sorry i misread your post i thought it was more a sarky comment than a helpful bit of advice"in future"
archer1204

Hi chasmi sorry i misread your post i thought it was more a sarky comment … Hi chasmi sorry i misread your post i thought it was more a sarky comment than a helpful bit of advice"in future"

No problem xx
Banned
chasmi49

In future use a shower cleaner on the glass before you have a shower, … In future use a shower cleaner on the glass before you have a shower, everytime.Clean the water off the glass using a squeegee (like you use on windows) and you shouldn't get a build up.I use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle once a week to keep it all clean

shower cleaner is just a waste of money

i just use a squeegee and this keeps it very clean

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants