EXPIRED

Whats the best type of beef to use in a curry?

As above, normally make a chicken but fancy a beef madras instead

18 Comments

dog works well

numptyj

dog works well

my son made a lovely beef curry yesterday, he made it with braising steak cooked out for over an hour. Lush!!

nice piece of chuck steak, braise it for an hour or so in some beef stock and then it will be really tender for your curry

Is usually use rump steak & cut it into chunks

if you cook the curry in a slow cooker with the cheapest cuts of beef it'll be soooo tender, i love my slow cooker now.
made a beef stew yesterday with very cheap beef (smart price steak, lol) and it just melted in the mouth, om nom nom

Always use cheap cuts of meat for curry, unless you're limited by time.

Shin of beef, braising steak etc

missp27

if you cook the curry in a slow cooker with the cheapest cuts of beef … if you cook the curry in a slow cooker with the cheapest cuts of beef it'll be soooo tender, i love my slow cooker now.made a beef stew yesterday with very cheap beef (smart price steak, lol) and it just melted in the mouth, om nom nom

I agree, slow cookers are great for tenderising meats, i cooked a beef joint in mine for the first time last week and it was lovely, not dried out like it can be when done in oven !

numptyj

dog works well

Dog beef?

Try Shin Beef...make sure you cook it well tho..lol

defenitely braising

Edited by: "micoo" 18th Aug 2010

Banned

moob

Always use cheap cuts of meat for curry, unless you're limited by … Always use cheap cuts of meat for curry, unless you're limited by time.Shin of beef, braising steak etc

+1

dont use expensive cuts like rump as its just a waste of money assuming you cook the curry properly

missp27

if you cook the curry in a slow cooker with the cheapest cuts of beef … if you cook the curry in a slow cooker with the cheapest cuts of beef it'll be soooo tender, i love my slow cooker now.made a beef stew yesterday with very cheap beef (smart price steak, lol) and it just melted in the mouth, om nom nom

Not going on about your slow cooker again are you!...lol

ukmonkey

Not going on about your slow cooker again are you!...lol

haha, i love it
you can tell i'm getting old can't you, loool

missp27

haha, i love it :pyou can tell i'm getting old can't you, loool

lol, not used mine for a while, seem to use it more in the winter months but yea know what you mean about the meat when it melts in ya mouth.. we will have to share our recipes like the old folk do..lol..

Banned

Ask your local butcher for some his best 'beef curtains', they are the tastiest bits

Banned

What do the takeaways and restaurants generally use in their beef curries?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions