Whats the Best way to get programs from Sky+ to DVD?

5 replies
Found 3rd Sep 2008
Can anyone give some tips on the best way to get Series, Films and programs off my Sky box too recordable DVDs.
i.e a cheap dvd recorder or can I hook it up straight to my mac, or can I do it wirelessly.

Ive got a Sky HD box but a I am not subscribing to the HD channels the harddrives a bit small so I would like to burn some stuff off.

Also I was told the Sky box has a 300gb Hd but 150gb is used up by Anytime Tv is there anyway I can dedicate the whole harddrive to just my own recordings?

If the only way is hooking up a Dvd recorder can anyone recommend a cheap one.

Any help I would be much appriciated! Thanks.
Neil.

5 Comments

Original Poster

JayBird;2883570

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/home.en.html

That looks awesome dude!
I’ve only had a quick look but it looks like a pretty cheap way of getting it to my mac. :thumbsup:

soz m8 but thse are simply dvb-t tuners by the look of it,
sky is not very co-operative in connecting its systems to anything else, some stuff will go onto a dvd recorder but not much and the goods stuff tends to be protected.

maddogb;2885571

soz m8 but thse are simply dvb-t tuners by the look of it

Yes, which will enable you to view the recorded "OUPUT" on you Mac, which in turn you can record

JayBird;2912635

Yes, which will enable you to view the recorded "OUPUT" on you Mac, which … Yes, which will enable you to view the recorded "OUPUT" on you Mac, which in turn you can record

actually only the hybrid one will allow that, and only on non (macrovision)protected content, hope he hasn't bought any of the others.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London34
    2. Is this expensive?1018
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed439
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person48

See more discussions