Expired

Whats the best way to post a watch in UK?

Found 10th Nov 2014
Royal Mail tracked? Will they be ok knowing there is a battery inside? Or is there a better way? (Its an expensive watch and needs to be insured for £600).

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskWatch
9 Comments
Batteries get sent all the time, you will be fine with a watch. It's not like it's a massive, fully charged lithium i-ion battery.

As for postage, have you tried looking at Parcel2Go? There's various courier options but you might have to pay slightly more to insure it up to £600.

£10 free first postage as well using the code LABELFREE
Royal mail special delivery allows you to select up to £2000 cover (i think, its definitely at least £1000) and should cost about £12
dw94

Batteries get sent all the time, you will be fine with a watch. It's not … Batteries get sent all the time, you will be fine with a watch. It's not like it's a massive, fully charged lithium i-ion battery. As for postage, have you tried looking at Parcel2Go? There's various courier options but you might have to pay slightly more to insure it up to £600.£10 free first postage as well using the code LABELFREE

Thank you very much. I will check it out x
dw94

Batteries get sent all the time, you will be fine with a watch. It's not … Batteries get sent all the time, you will be fine with a watch. It's not like it's a massive, fully charged lithium i-ion battery. As for postage, have you tried looking at Parcel2Go? There's various courier options but you might have to pay slightly more to insure it up to £600.£10 free first postage as well using the code LABELFREE

UPS and Parcel Force seem to be reliable and they're on there. The £10 free is a great bonus too. If I don't get it sorted on there I will go with mclovin's suggestion. Thanks so much x
I've sent 1000's of items using Royal Mail Special delivery and never had one go missing. It's next working day and I've just checked, for a small parcel with £1000 cover it costs £8.15 on the online price checker Royal Mail Price checker
RxTx

I've sent 1000's of items using Royal Mail Special delivery and never had … I've sent 1000's of items using Royal Mail Special delivery and never had one go missing. It's next working day and I've just checked, for a small parcel with £1000 cover it costs £8.15 on the online price checker Royal Mail Price checker

Thats great thank you very much. Do they label the parcel if theres a battery in? I thought you couldnt send a battery through the post. Also, do uou get proof its been delivered?
I send battery items occasionally, they ask at the counter sometimes but as dw94 said they aren't going to be bothered by a watch battery, there's just too little power in them to be an issue. The Royal Mail guidlines do allow batteries to be posted and I presume they would just label the parcel if they thought it necessary. The restricted list is here Royal Mail Restricted goods

Yes you get proof it's been delivered, you can see a signature online here - Track and trace You just put in your tracking number and see a signature, I think it takes up to a day or so for the signature to appear. I had an occasion when the recipient said it hadn't turned up but when I sent them the signature it turned out that someone in reception had signed for it and "forgotten" to forward it to them, so it's a worthwhile service.
WTF, is it a 24v battery? It will be safe with RM. The only problem is if it does go missing, they will pay out £600 in stamps. X)
Maybe to be on the safe side put on a label. DANGER BEWARE OF WATCH BATTERY.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants