whats the better tablet?

7 replies
Found 18th Dec 2010
Hi i have ordered one of the maplins tablets for £99. I am after one for inbetween iphone/laptop time and my dad is getting one as his first step into the internet. He has just called me about the toys r us ones at £89, and i cant tell the difference other than maplins has a slot for a dongle. whats better or is there anything better on the market for a little (but not much! more), i know very little about tablets - also are they easy to use as my dad is useless at using my laptop!
ps - we can cancel our maplins order as not expected in til mid jan, would we be better to wait for the sales?
really grateful for any advice or experience
Merry Xmas!

1. Misc
  2. Tablet
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tablet
7 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Computers/Laptops/Elonex-eTouch-7-Android-Tablet-PC(0082824)
link to toys r us tablet

Original Poster

probably best idea although they tell me price going back up after 24th dec, although they cant put price back to £150 as they are selling a 2.1 for that !
its quite hard to know when you have no experience of them!

Also interested in hearing about this. I have my PC connected to my TV but would like something to surf the net, have something to play with.

Would love to get a ipad or iphone but cant find them on any catologe/credit sites.

Banned

Looks nice + so does the price. However I wonder how slow it is, considering it only has a 300mhz processor. Plus this only runs android 1.6. I suspose you cant complain because it had a better spec it would be more expensive. I would prefer to pay more for the 10" version with android 2.1.

I bought the 10 elonex from toysrus for my son and it's pretty good and responsive. I have an iPad and couldn't justify/afford an additional £400 or so, and have to say for a resistive screen the elonex 10" is pretty good value for £149. Only problem is trying to get hold of one! In my local store I asked and they didn't have any tickets out but had one in the stock room.

speedy1477

Looks nice + so does the price. However I wonder how slow it is, … Looks nice + so does the price. However I wonder how slow it is, considering it only has a 300mhz processor. Plus this only runs android 1.6. I suspose you cant complain because it had a better spec it would be more expensive. I would prefer to pay more for the 10" version with android 2.1.

Just read your post after posting my one above! The speed of the 10" is very good and my recommendation would be to go for the 10"

If it will be his first experience of the internet not sure a 7" tablet running 1.6 is the best way to go tbh
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien630
    2. Unidays33
    3. Laptop Recommendation - HELP PLEASE11
    4. Sky TV deals thread11

See more discussions