Expired

What's the cheapest / easiest way of getting Netflix on a tv?

Found 17th Sep 2014
As per the question, what's the cheapest / easiest way of getting Netflix on a non smart tv please? Debated getting a chrome cast but wasn't 100% sure how they worked! about obviously the cheap deal on them has ended now! doh! Also looked at a now tv box, but do you have to pay a subscription for them?
Thanks for any advice given!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Netflix
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Netflix
15 Comments
I bought an AppleTV the last time they were on offer on Groupon and connect via that. I have a few apple devices in the house so it comes in handy for a few things.
You will always have to pay a subscription to Netflix regardless of how you access it. Chromecast is still the cheapest way to access it, however the Roku boxes are very good and user friendly as well. If in doubt Google it.
Original Poster
Oh, should have said I have Netflix subscription lol, it's so my daughter can access it in her room. She's got an android tablet and uses that at the moment, but I'd like her to be able to watch it on her tv.
My friend has a great way of getting Netflix for free....uses my login and password!
honeyb35

Oh, should have said I have Netflix subscription lol, it's so my daughter … Oh, should have said I have Netflix subscription lol, it's so my daughter can access it in her room. She's got an android tablet and uses that at the moment, but I'd like her to be able to watch it on her tv.

Has the tablet got an hdmi port? If so that's your cheapest option (hdmi cable)
get it via xbox 360,playstation or wii u do you have any of these?
Original Poster
It's an asus hd memopad, I don't think it does from memory? I will have to check
Original Poster
We have an Xbox and a wii, neither are in her bedroom. I could pick up a cheap 2nd wii I suppose
I plug my ipad into TV with AV cable that cost £10. Pic is good enough, not HD but still good.
Banned
My hubbie uses chromecast. Works perfectly. Not sure if now tv supports netflix
I think Chromecast will be your cheapest option. Now TV box doesn't support Netflix.
Banned
There are loads of ways to get Netflix free.. just Google it and save yourself some cash
i have netflix onto my kindle hd (from amazon app store) which via hdmi and mini adapter works lovely on it,great picture....so it can be done!
Edited by: "whingygit" 17th Sep 2014
Chromecast, be the best way, doing it with a tablet would be effort to having to recharge plus it wont be the best quality, cause of upscaling dont bother

Chromecast. Easy to set up and works perfectly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants