Groups

Whats the cheapest tablet/mobile to allow screen casting to a tv? my doogee x5 pro doesn't allow me to screen cast for some reason?

Screen casting ability and cheap product

9 Comments

Why not buy a Chromecast and keep your phone?

waynester21

Why not buy a Chromecast and keep your phone?

​did you not read the question? his phone doesn't allow him to screen CAST

can I ask what it is you're screen casting? most things can be casted through 3rd party apps these days

Have you tried installing allcast on your phone? As the poster above says you can use third party apps..I do on my oukitel and it works fine.

Original Poster

HI THANKS FOR REPLIES, I have not tried oukitel and will do tonight. I tried many other apps but they just don't work, I read because my phone is 4.4.1 software this is the cause? thanks

I have a x5 pro. You should have had a OTA update to android 5.1. I can screen cast using the Chromecast app but the phone is not powerful enough to do it smoothly so not worth attempting. Screen casting needs lots of processing power so will need something much better. Google has this list of recommended devices.

support.google.com/chr…=en

kindestguydead

HI THANKS FOR REPLIES, I have not tried oukitel and will do tonight. I … HI THANKS FOR REPLIES, I have not tried oukitel and will do tonight. I tried many other apps but they just don't work, I read because my phone is 4.4.1 software this is the cause? thanks

check for an update my doogee x5 pro runs on android 5.1

Original Poster

cheers guys will do that before purchasing anything new thanks may have saved me some money!

Localcast is a decent app too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free EE data (contract)56
      2. Info on Browns Family Jewellers01
      3. Foo Fighters O2 live stream?24
      4. Tradesmen battery power tools.34

See more discussions