Expired

What's the coolest stunt scooter brand?

Found 30th Jul 2013
My 8 yr old wants to buy himself a new stunt scooter and has saved up around £80 (flexible slightly as he might sell his ipod if needed!) and wants the coolest scooter around for his money. If it can be bought on Amazon for best price then all the better as I have some giftcards.

I haven't a clue about the brands though - any clues as to what the kids who know about this sort of thing are raving about? Thanks for any recommendations!
Community Updates
AskScooter
12 Comments
i have an 11yr old and he has 2 razor scooters..one is an electric one. according to him it has to be a "pro stunt" scooter!
MGP or Slamm are a cheaper option.
springbok101

i have an 11yr old and he has 2 razor scooters..one is an electric one. … i have an 11yr old and he has 2 razor scooters..one is an electric one. according to him it has to be a "pro stunt" scooter!

Thanks! He's currently liking this one...
http://www.skates.co.uk/scooters/grit-extremist-pro-3-purple-scooter.html
which is apparently 'pro', whatever that means in relation to an 8yr old. Any good?
panddda

Thanks! He's currently liking this … Thanks! He's currently liking this one...http://www.skates.co.uk/scooters/grit-extremist-pro-3-purple-scooter.htmlwhich is apparently 'pro', whatever that means in relation to an 8yr old. Any good?

you can get one very similar but a bit more sturdy(they tend to "bounce" on them trying to do tricks) in toys r us. its blue and white and the bit that joins the top to the bottom is thicker/wider than that one.
if that makes sense!!!
springbok101

you can get one very similar but a bit more sturdy(they tend to "bounce" … you can get one very similar but a bit more sturdy(they tend to "bounce" on them trying to do tricks) in toys r us. its blue and white and the bit that joins the top to the bottom is thicker/wider than that one.if that makes sense!!!

It seems to be all about the brand/image/colour at the moment rather than the practicalities unfortunately! But I'll take a look at TRU- hadn't thought to try there.
its a great looking scooter, my son is very fussy as they all are at that age!!! its cheaper and has lasted through all the pounding!!
springbok101

you can get one very similar but a bit more sturdy(they tend to "bounce" … you can get one very similar but a bit more sturdy(they tend to "bounce" on them trying to do tricks) in toys r us. its blue and white and the bit that joins the top to the bottom is thicker/wider than that one.if that makes sense!!!

Its a JD bug one - and that particular one is shunned at our skate park! As we found after buying one (that said little one loves it) Kids huh.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Scooters/JD-Bug-Pro-Stunt-Scooter-in-Blue(0090851)?searchPosition=3

It's always that price but there's often 10/20% codes from them for wheeled toys. We paid £40 for ours.

Within the OP budget I'd look at a Razor personally - solid, well built and whilst not on the bleeding edge of fashion it won'y be mocked.

This is exceptional value: We paid £60 for the same one - £37 at Amazon, £30 here

I have two teenage boys and although the oldest is 16 and no longer into scooters I'd say for the price range your looking at MVP (mad gear pro) is worth looking at. Both mine bought this brand for years and other kids at school and state parks would always comment how nice they were, I'm guessing because your son wants a cool scooter he's after the same kind of comments. If he's looking to do stunts and tricks then a set of pegs is a must and they're easy to fit. If he wants to sell his I pod then a district scooter is a better option but the price range is a lot more and to be honest at his age I wouldn't let him spend that much on one.
Gosh, hasn't the 'scooter' phase finished yet? Tell him to get a really smart skateboard. He'll look a lot 'cooler' and won't be part of the herd, as it were!

As a boy, Id've never felt 'cool' on a scooter. Always seemed like a girly mode of transport to me...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff317/emermersky/2001-08-30%20to%202001-09-30/bb64.jpg

Awwwww....
Phsycronix

Gosh, hasn't the 'scooter' phase finished yet? Tell him to get a really … Gosh, hasn't the 'scooter' phase finished yet? Tell him to get a really smart skateboard. He'll look a lot 'cooler' and won't be part of the herd, as it were!As a boy, Id've never felt 'cool' on a scooter. Always seemed like a girly mode of transport to me...Awwwww....

Where'd you get that photo of my son?

edgygit

I have two teenage boys and although the oldest is 16 and no longer into … I have two teenage boys and although the oldest is 16 and no longer into scooters I'd say for the price range your looking at MVP (mad gear pro) is worth looking at. Both mine bought this brand for years and other kids at school and state parks would always comment how nice they were, I'm guessing because your son wants a cool scooter he's after the same kind of comments. If he's looking to do stunts and tricks then a set of pegs is a must and they're easy to fit. If he wants to sell his I pod then a district scooter is a better option but the price range is a lot more and to be honest at his age I wouldn't let him spend that much on one.

He's got a set of pegs on the 'must have' list, even though he's totally useless at stunts (he kinda throws it in the air and spins it round and reckons he's done a 360, or jumps on with both feet at the same time - that's the extent of it so far). A couple of his 'friends' have MGP scooters, and apparently were being quite nasty that his was a schneidy Argos thing, hence the desire to get something that's better/cooler to make up for the previous ridicule, and he's saved up all his holiday money, bless him.
capriboycraig

Its a JD bug one - and that particular one is shunned at our skate park! … Its a JD bug one - and that particular one is shunned at our skate park! As we found after buying one (that said little one loves it) Kids huh. http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Scooters/JD-Bug-Pro-Stunt-Scooter-in-Blue(0090851)?searchPosition=3It's always that price but there's often 10/20% codes from them for wheeled toys. We paid £40 for ours.Within the OP budget I'd look at a Razor personally - solid, well built and whilst not on the bleeding edge of fashion it won'y be mocked. This is exceptional value: We paid £60 for the same one - £37 at Amazon, £30 here

Thanks - that's the sort of info I need - last thing I want is to buy a lemon that he won't use.

He's still really keen on the Grit one which I've found for £65 from Indigo Scooters including delivery and pegs... any idea of any discount codes/cashback/better deals? Or is there any reason to avoid that one?
Just had a word with my lad, he doesn't know anyone whose had a grit scooter but that could be because they weren't around when he was buying. Ive shown him the scooter and he says it looks fine and the specs are ok for your sons age and what he will use it for. He did say that you might want to invest in some metal core wheels as the plastic ones do tend to snap if you jump quite a lot with any force, but as he's only 8 I wouldn't buy any just yet as he may be fine.
Hey if ya wanna good scooter I would choose Jordan Clark singniture or a phoenix or apex
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants