What's the current best cashback credit card with zero overseas transaction fee?

Posted 23rd Jan
I've received an email from Tandem saying they will be charging members £6 per month for using their card from March 2020. This is not a great news for most members so if anyone have any recommendation of the next best credit card as title that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
I use compare the market for credit cards. Very easy to filter out what you need and rates and so forth..
MSE will help
I was also a Tandem user. Shame about the monthly fee, I really liked them.

So I’ve just moved to Aqua (fairly sure they offer zero oversees fees, but check). Their major drawback is a low initial credit allowance (£500-£1,200). Apparently they review this after 4 months or so. Aqua pay cash back on an annual basis.

Both currently offer 0.5% cash back.

As said above, there’s useful info on the MSE website.
Ianaf7224/01/2020 07:29

I was also a Tandem user. Shame about the monthly fee, I really liked …I was also a Tandem user. Shame about the monthly fee, I really liked them.So I’ve just moved to Aqua (fairly sure they offer zero oversees fees, but check). Their major drawback is a low initial credit allowance (£500-£1,200). Apparently they review this after 4 months or so. Aqua pay cash back on an annual basis. Both currently offer 0.5% cash back.As said above, there’s useful info on the MSE website.

Thanks for the advice. In fact I still have my Aqua card (it's my credit card before I got Tandem) but Aqua reduced my credit limit (like a few hundreds instead of few thousands) as I have not used it in ages. May consider using Aqua more.
Edited by: "HKerInLondon" 24th Jan
HKerInLondon24/01/2020 07:31

Thanks for the advice. In fact I still have my Aqua card (it's my credit …Thanks for the advice. In fact I still have my Aqua card (it's my credit card before I got Tandem) but Aqua reduced my credit limit (like a few hundreds instead of few thousands) as I have not used it in ages. May consider using Aqua more.

Not having used them before, I expected a low initial credit but they offered £1,200 (which is probably sufficient for my needs anyway). Apparently they review your spending over those months with the likelihood they’ll increase it. It may be a pain to have to regularly pay off your credit to stay within your limit though.
Tandem was a pretty good option with monthly cashback. Indeed, it's a shame they switched to membership option. Is Aqua the only best alternative?

I've always stayed away from AMEX because I've heard it's not accepted in many places - is this still true?
dealcracker201427/01/2020 17:31

Tandem was a pretty good option with monthly cashback. Indeed, it's a …Tandem was a pretty good option with monthly cashback. Indeed, it's a shame they switched to membership option. Is Aqua the only best alternative?I've always stayed away from AMEX because I've heard it's not accepted in many places - is this still true?

True - we use AMEX for our joint household bills, and it’s ok at the places we shop (eg weekly shopping at Asda, Tesco etc); but not as widely accepted as visa/MasterCard - so I wouldn’t use it for my personal, daily outgoings for that reason. Was 5% cash back for first three months when we got it though! Otherwise, it has a good app, and quick to update when you pay off your bill.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants