Groups

Whats the dealio with huge golf putters?

Ive just started playing golf with my grandads set of clubs (i havn't played since i was about 12, 9 years ago) and obviously the clubs seem to have changed a fair bit, i was reading about hybrid clubs earier which seemed pretty interesting but then i got round to looking at putters.

Basically the putter i have looks like one you would get if you were going down to a crazy golf course. All the new ones seem to look like this:

americangolf.co.uk/gol…er/

What purpose does the huge bit at the back serve?
    Are the two white circles of use for anything?

Cheers

10 Comments

i played golf with my uncle and he had my grandads clubs and the putters were wooden

Original Poster

bigbob909;2717639

i played golf with my uncle and he had my grandads clubs and the putters … i played golf with my uncle and he had my grandads clubs and the putters were wooden

Lol, some of mine are wooden.. but they are woods

it gives more weight and balance for an easier putt

Original Poster

maddness007;2717722

it gives more weight and balance for an easier putt

Oh right, so all the fancy stuff at the back doesnt do anything else? Like the circles and stuff?

Banned

I'm not a golfer but have been to driving ranges a few times, want to know how you get into golf I just want to play a full game.

Anyway to your question if I saw you pull that out of your bag I would laugh at you then call you a cheat :lol: as above they are to balance the club when it hits the ball, so it hits it true.

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/ComponentImages/Products/Zoom/Zoom-odyssey-white-steel-2-ball-srt-putter-z-a.jpg

It's also meant to look like 3 golf balls lined up to get the line right

Titchimp;2717736

Oh right, so all the fancy stuff at the back doesnt do anything else? … Oh right, so all the fancy stuff at the back doesnt do anything else? Like the circles and stuff?

not really, apart from what jackthelad said

Original Poster

Cheers guys, makes sense i guess.

Original Poster

lumoruk;2717887

I'm not a golfer but have been to driving ranges a few times, want to … I'm not a golfer but have been to driving ranges a few times, want to know how you get into golf I just want to play a full game.

I used to go with my grandad but never really got into it, Was bored the other day so me and a mate went down to the local 3par thing and had a go, was good fun even though I only managed par on one hole. :-D

Went to the driving range today for a bit of fun and i think were going to go back to the 3 par tommorow and see if we can improve our scores a bit before we hit a full course. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions