Groups

whats the difference between an intel dual core processor beginning with letter P or T and is a T5500 better or worse than a T3400

I have had a look on the internet and cant find anything about it.
    Please help.

6 Comments

From what I can see P=less power usage.

T34 is better going by benchmark tests.

Just depends on the model
    Some sockets have has a 45NM processor where as and some have a 65NM. the older T series all have a 65nm processor and a lower FSB. the newer ones T 9400 and above have a 45nm processor. The P are newer sockets and as said are more energy effiecient

I think the T5500 is better but i cant find the T3400 so it must be an old one

cpubenchmark.net/cpu…GHz

The T5550 has 985 to the right of it (so you can find it quickly)

It goes into great detail here (see under Penryn)

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ors

The only difference I can see is that the T ones are marked "standard voltage" and the P ones are marked "medium voltage".
    (medium is lower than standard)

Op Shegis is right. even though the T34 is older it rocks

I wouldn't really classify the T34 as 'old' it's just that naming distinction between Dual Core and Core 2 Duo. Went through all this myself last november and it's a minefield due to the chip numbers not really relating that well to the performance. You would think a 5550 would be miles better that a 3400 but it just doesn't work that way. Complete wind up on the part of Intel :lol:

As an aside the wife bought a recon laptop from Dabs sunday night, that was just listed as C2D, no specs £290 delivered. Turned out to contain a T7500, exact same laptop I spent £350 on. It was a calculated risk on my part as I recognised the S/N ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      2. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      3. Gear best shipping?44
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44

See more discussions