Expired

What's the difference between first and standard class on Virgin Trains?

Found 7th Mar 2013
Alright guys,

So whats the difference between standard and first class?

I'm guessing from some of the reading that you get:

- Free Tea and Coffee (neither of which I drink)
- A free newspaper (I have a laptop, an iPad and an iPhone so no need)
- Comfier seats? (good)
- Wifi? (good)
- Table service? (is it regular?)

Anything else i'm missing?
Community Updates
6 Comments
The cost.
Original Poster
Talis

The cost.

Obviously. Cheers.

If anyone has used it and would like to offer some help on deciding whether or not it's worth it, then that would be superb thanks.
You also get breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on the time of travel in the day
Original Poster
navos21

You also get breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on the time of travel … You also get breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on the time of travel in the day

Cool mate, thanks. Do you know if it includes soft drinks in the price too? I don't drink hot drinks you see.
First is definitely worth it if you can afford it or get an advance booking cheapo. Don't bother at w/e cos all the idiots go in there and make a racket. If you want peace and quiet, very comfy spacious seats with free at seat service, inc alcohol, and soft hot / cold drinks snacks / meals depending on time, plus the use of free wifi, and first class lounges (with free refreshments) at major stations then yes it's worth it. Sometimes advance booking can mean you only pay about £30 more than standard. Or use the quiet coach (A in standard class if you want peace an quiet) Hope this helps
Edited by: "philipgregson58" 8th Mar 2013
Original Poster
philipgregson58

First is definitely worth it if you can afford it or get an advance … First is definitely worth it if you can afford it or get an advance booking cheapo. Don't bother at w/e cos all the idiots go in there and make a racket. If you want peace and quiet, very comfy spacious seats with free at seat service, inc alcohol, and soft hot / cold drinks snacks / meals depending on time, plus the use of free wifi, and first class lounges (with free refreshments) at major stations then yes it's worth it. Sometimes advance booking can mean you only pay about £30 more than standard. Or use the quiet coach (A in standard class if you want peace an quiet) Hope this helps

Great answer thanks mate. Went for standard class today which was okay, really quiet with hardly anyone there. Was thinking of upgrading for £15 tomoro tho, you reckon that's aware of money?!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions