Groups

Whats the diffrence between....

Banned
    Littlewoods and littlewoods direct. Direct seems to be cheaper.

???

11 Comments

Subsidary I guess

Like Tesco > Tesco Express / Tesco Metro

Banned

i have no idea it like whats the difference between currys and dixons?

Dixons bought currys and kept the name the same

Banned

t0mm

smart arrse :-D

Littlewoods allow you to open an account and buy things on Credit. I think with Direct you have to pay the whole amount straight away. :thumbsup:

Littlewoods you don't pay P&P, Littlewoods Direct you do P&P.

You can have accounts of both (as i do!) HTH

t0mm

PC World is also part of the same group. We bought a DS Lite bundle from Currys, but one of the games was out of stock, so they called next door to PC W and we showed our receipt and collected it from there.

Banned

jelli89

PC World is also part of the same group. Bought a DS Lite bundle from … PC World is also part of the same group. Bought a DS Lite bundle from Currys but one of the games was out of stock, so they called next door to PC W and we showed our receipt and collected to from there.

why dont they operate under one name? is it because its too much effort to change all the names on the stores? I dont really see an advantage :?

t0mm

....and the same **** service. :roll:

Yeah

Currys and PC world and now 'Tech Guys' are all owned by Dixons DSG [I think]

They keep the different names because they all do different things.

Currys sells a wide range of electricals.
    PC World sell only computing and a very slim range of other things
    Tech guys fix pcs etc. and sell a few accessories.

Dixons is now an online shop only - you wont see a dixons in your towns anymore - old dixons shops go by the name of Currys.Digital

Retail/Superstore of Currys names stay the same.

t0mm

YeahCurrys and PC world and now 'Tech Guys' are all owned by Dixons DSG … YeahCurrys and PC world and now 'Tech Guys' are all owned by Dixons DSG [I think]They keep the different names because they all do different things.Currys sells a wide range of electricals.PC World sell only computing and a very slim range of other thingsTech guys fix pcs etc. and sell a few accessories.Dixons is now an online shop only - you wont see a dixons in your towns anymore - old dixons shops go by the name of Currys.DigitalRetail/Superstore of Currys names stay the same.

Plus, if you dont like one store for any reason then you will still use the others, so they dont completely lose your custom
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944501
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767312
      3. word survey1014
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730

See more discussions