What's the iPad Pro good for?

Posted 17th Sep
Whenever I go on train journeys or travel internationally, I always feel like it is a lot of work to get out my 13" MBP to sit and watch movies or just to send an email.

Also, a problem is that if I want to do something important, I can't portable charge it whereas I could with an iPad.

What else is the iPad good for? I wanted to draw up some logos and practise graphic design, for personal use as a programmer it would complement my apps better. With the iPad being discounted to £300 (I can wait longer) it seems like a really good price - I just need to figure out what I can do with it!
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
I doubt it will go below £300 any time soon. The iPad pro isn't a substitute for a MBP, while its a powerful pad its just not at MBP level. The pads screen is delicious though and you will be able to do some graphic design on it, word process and spreadsheets. If you are wanting something to just have out on the train, for handiness sake, for watching movies or emails the iPad Air is a lot nicer in the hand IMO, its a little longer but not as wide, bot doesnt have the lush screen of the pro or the power.
The 12.9" one is good for displaying sheet music instead of carrying a ton of it around with you.
You generally can do a lot of what you can with your MBP on an iPad. With a BT keyboard you can easily use all the regular Apple software (Pages, Keynote, Notes, Numbers, etc) and with iCloud you can carry on work that you started on your MBP, and if you add an Apple pencil you can do graphic work in Procreate or Photoshop.
1/ good to annotate documents and pictures with finer control using Apple pencil
2/ the much better screen is more pleasing to use, works well in bright summer sunlight

IPad Pro for £300? maybe lucky for a secondhand. But, need a new Apple Pencil which is ~£100.
splender17/09/2019 17:30

1/ good to annotate documents and pictures with finer control using Apple …1/ good to annotate documents and pictures with finer control using Apple pencil2/ the much better screen is more pleasing to use, works well in bright summer sunlightIPad Pro for £300? maybe lucky for a secondhand. But, need a new Apple Pencil which is ~£100.

splender17/09/2019 17:30

1/ good to annotate documents and pictures with finer control using Apple …1/ good to annotate documents and pictures with finer control using Apple pencil2/ the much better screen is more pleasing to use, works well in bright summer sunlightIPad Pro for £300? maybe lucky for a secondhand. But, need a new Apple Pencil which is ~£100.

Are you blind? The iPad Pro is £300 refurb on the top of the site... no need to look for a second hand one
trojanh17/09/2019 17:32

Are you blind? The iPad Pro is £300 refurb on the top of the site... no …Are you blind? The iPad Pro is £300 refurb on the top of the site... no need to look for a second hand one

I am not blind, you are, you never wrote refurb, that is what you said, additionally, you never referenced that there are refurbs on the top of the site :

" What's the iPad Pro good for?

trojanh
Posted 7 h, 35 m ago
Whenever I go on train journeys or travel internationally, I always feel like it is a lot of work to get out my 13" MBP to sit and watch movies or just to send an email.

Also, a problem is that if I want to do something important, I can't portable charge it whereas I could with an iPad.

What else is the iPad good for? I wanted to draw up some logos and practise graphic design, for personal use as a programmer it would complement my apps better. With the iPad being discounted to £300 (I can wait longer) it seems like a really good price - I just need to figure out what I can do with it! "
splender17/09/2019 18:16

I am not blind, you are, you never wrote refurb, that is what you said, …I am not blind, you are, you never wrote refurb, that is what you said, additionally, you never referenced that there are refurbs on the top of the site :" What's the iPad Pro good for?trojanhPosted 7 h, 35 m ago Whenever I go on train journeys or travel internationally, I always feel like it is a lot of work to get out my 13" MBP to sit and watch movies or just to send an email.Also, a problem is that if I want to do something important, I can't portable charge it whereas I could with an iPad.What else is the iPad good for? I wanted to draw up some logos and practise graphic design, for personal use as a programmer it would complement my apps better. With the iPad being discounted to £300 (I can wait longer) it seems like a really good price - I just need to figure out what I can do with it! "

No1Funnymummy18/09/2019 19:50

I don’t know anyone using the site going straight to the discussions instead of the deals, but I guess I do now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants