whats the longest you've been able to use your mobile from a China Seller

12 replies
Found 13th Aug 2016
Anyone had a long lasting mobile from Everbuying, Gearbest, Banggood etc.

Which seller and brand?

12 Comments

I had a xiaomi mi2 from ibuygou that I used for 19months before I sold it on, in full working order with a rom on that had been updated regularly. (xiaomi eu rom)
Had a jaiyu that didn't last more than 5 months and never got updates

Got Mrs a Letv X600 (1) from gearbest over a year ago now. Still using it and i keep it up to date with thanks from BB72 roms.

As long as it arrives without a fault, then expect them to match the life of a premium Chinese product, such as iPhone
Edited by: "delusion" 13th Aug 2016

I bought a bluboo xtouch that lasted around 6 hours, it was from an ebay chinese seller based in the UK

As long as its a well known Chinese brand (Xiaomi, LeEco, UMi) they should last as long as any other

Blackview Crown almost 2 years and still going strong. No updates for 18 months and
vulnerable to most threats out there. Avoid the brand as they will move on and forget
their previous versions. Next phone I buy, will make sure it gets updated regularly.

I've used lenovo and huawei phones from china as my 2nd and 3rd phones. Always in use and never had a problem.

Make sure the one you buy works with your UK network provider.

The quality will be to a high standard and equivalent to a top brand here in the UK. So long as you go for a big chinese brand.

Original Poster

J4GG4

I've used lenovo and huawei phones from china as my 2nd and 3rd phones. … I've used lenovo and huawei phones from china as my 2nd and 3rd phones. Always in use and never had a problem.Make sure the one you buy works with your UK network provider.The quality will be to a high standard and equivalent to a top brand here in the UK. So long as you go for a big chinese brand.

Xiaomi should be pretty decent - despite my previous reservations I have jumped in and got a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro for £115 from BangGood
(my Sams. S4 has given me a scare and was bought 2nd hand 2 yrs ago)
Edited by: "davewave" 13th Aug 2016

davewave

Xiaomi should be pretty decent - despite my previous reservations I have … Xiaomi should be pretty decent - despite my previous reservations I have jumped in and got a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro for £115 from BangGood (my Sams. S4 has given me a scare and was bought 2nd hand 2 yrs ago)

Decent phone tbh.

Should have dual sim slot as well?. I think though it becomes 1 sim only if you insert a micro sd card.

Original Poster

J4GG4

Decent phone tbh.Should have dual sim slot as well?. I think though it … Decent phone tbh.Should have dual sim slot as well?. I think though it becomes 1 sim only if you insert a micro sd card.

Yeah I only use one sim so I should be able to pop in my micro sim which I have in my Sammy.

I'm still using a Cubot P9 for work and it's still going strong after 2 and a half years.

elephone p8000 from GeekBuying still going strong with a massive battery
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3170
    2. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions