Whats the maximum ladbrooks shops will pay out?

Found 22nd Sep 2012
Just won a few hundred quid on todays matches, how long do you have to wait to claim the bet and how much do they pay out instore?
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
They'll payout over the counter way higher than a few hundred quid, and pay out straight away imo.
Edited by: "greg_68" 22nd Sep 2012
it would need to be in the 10's of thousands before they even batted an eye lid
Pay out straight away and limit is way higher than a few hundred quid.
cool. off to laddies then.
Can I borrow a tenner?
*today's.
About three fifty
I don't know if the advice above is from experience or not but I've only had to cash in from ladbrokes once - £390, and it was 15 minutes of hassle and phone calls. Betfred are **** too. I use Will Hill now but never had more than about £50 out of them!
I had all of Frankie Dettori's magnificent 7 at Ascot going back a few years and ladbrokes wouldn't pay me the same day or even the next day which was a Sunday.
£200,000 in store.
trinaandlee

I had all of Frankie Dettori's magnificent 7 at Ascot going back a few … I had all of Frankie Dettori's magnificent 7 at Ascot going back a few years and ladbrokes wouldn't pay me the same day or even the next day which was a Sunday.

Because there would be so many people who put a bet on of all Dettori's bets every saturday, hence an awful lot of winners which would have meant they didnt have the money to pay em all out.

But a standard few hundred quid to a few people aint gonna cause them a problem
sure it's about 200/300k
OP worried they wont pay out a few hundred quid X)

must have been an ameature bet as any regular knows that's nothing. They have got 100 times that in the till from the lost bets.
Anth2210

sure it's about 200/300k

You think a bookies carries £300k in cash? Every day?
Daytrader

£200,000 in store.

Anth2210

sure it's about 200/300k

No its not.

Bookies need clearance after several thousand. Also, anything over a few thousand would only be paid out via cheque for safety/security reasons.
jase.2

Because there would be so many people who put a bet on of all Dettori's … Because there would be so many people who put a bet on of all Dettori's bets every saturday, hence an awful lot of winners which would have meant they didnt have the money to pay em all out.But a standard few hundred quid to a few people aint gonna cause them a problem

What's this I hear about Frankie Dettori's magnificent 7? A one shot wonder or does he actually win all the time?
sancho1983

[quote=Anth2210]sure it's about 200/300k

You think a bookies carries £300k in cash? Every day?[/quote]
brb Just getting my balaclava n shotgun! oO
Daytrader

£200,000 in store.

Anth2210

sure it's about 200/300k

Ffs now ya tell me! *Takes off balaclava n hides shotgun
markq

Ffs now ya tell me! *Takes off balaclava n hides shotgun

On top of that, they use safes with delays that you have to wait 30 mins for them to open. Its not a ploy for the bookies just so they don't have to give the money to potential robbers. Thats how it works and can't be overridden, even with a gun to the head
Edited by: "jonny619447" 22nd Sep 2012
Just incase anyone is interested, I collected my bet, £473, they paid me straight out of the till but it left the till with just 1 £5 note left in it. No questions asked.

and yes I am an 'ameature gambler' I havent yet progressed to spending my life inside a bookies everyday. maybe one day though eh...
rockerfella20

Just incase anyone is interested, I collected my bet, £473, they paid me … Just incase anyone is interested, I collected my bet, £473, they paid me straight out of the till but it left the till with just 1 £5 note left in it. No questions asked.and yes I am an 'ameature gambler' I havent yet progressed to spending my life inside a bookies everyday. maybe one day though eh...

and about £100,000 in the safe in the back office
Disco

and about £100,000 in the safe in the back office

Never. Bookie managers will go to the bank several times per day if need be to put the money away.
I won £7.50 on grand national once....couldnt be arsed to collect it in the end.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants