What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?

Edited by:"ipswich78"Found 20th Sep 2017
From a video / audio perspective (not quality of the film itself) what is the best 4k version of a film you have seen?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Best 1080 3d or 4K for me is The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Life of Pi pretty nice also.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 20th Sep 2017

I haven't seen many but dawn of the planet of the apes so far.

The Martian

X-Men: Apocalypse,Ghost in the Shell,Lucy,Star Trek Into Darkness and The Lego Movie.

Trouble is we're still playing catch up, most films are still mastered in 2K, only two mentioned so far were mostly mastered in 4K.

Original Poster

4Real201629 m ago

Trouble is we're still playing catch up, most films are still mastered in …Trouble is we're still playing catch up, most films are still mastered in 2K, only two mentioned so far were mostly mastered in 4K.

Which ones were mastered in 4k please

ipswich7821 m ago

Which ones were mastered in 4k please

X-Men: Apocalypse (captured at 6K in the Redcode RAW format) and Lucy. Star Trek into the darkness was a mixture I think but the opening scene is amazing.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 20th Sep 2017

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts4 m ago

X-Men: Apocalypse (captured at 6K in the Redcode RAW format) and Lucy

Ta

ipswich783 m ago

Ta

The Grand Tour series also on Amazon Prime (though didn't meantion previously as thought maybe you only wanted movies)

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts3 m ago

The Grand Tour series also on Amazon Prime (though didn't meantion …The Grand Tour series also on Amazon Prime (though didn't meantion previously as thought maybe you only wanted movies)

Yeah films only ta.

cecilmcroberts1 h, 46 m ago

X-Men: Apocalypse (captured at 6K in the Redcode RAW format) and Lucy. …X-Men: Apocalypse (captured at 6K in the Redcode RAW format) and Lucy. Star Trek into the darkness was a mixture I think but the opening scene is amazing.

Its the Intermediate Master that's important, X-Men: Apocalypse Intermediate was 2K and 4K, Lucy was 4K, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was also 4K.

Of course you want source 4K and above or 35mm and above.

I've not seen life of Pi yet. But saw the 4k hdr trailer off YouTube and even on an 8 bit panel it looked impressive. Had a 3d depth sort of feel from the deep colours.

Looks amazing on my s8 screen as well with the HDR 10 rating.

Pacific Rim is the best I’ve seen on UHD so far. The level of detail in that film is jaw dropping. Even though it’s a 2K intermediate (as the effects would cost too much to render in 4K), it’s a noticable improvement over standard blu ray.

The Revenant and Hacksaw Ridge for me, though nothing else has come close to Planet Earth II if you're looking beyond film. Looking forward to Dunkirk, Planet of the Apes 3 and Spider-Man Homecoming between now and Christmas

Film - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Video Game - Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy, Witcher 3, GTA V (mods) and Horizon Zero Dawn
Edited by: "hass123" 21st Sep 2017

Best 1080p3d film I have seen by far was Avatar, still blows me away every time I see it.

Is real 4k going to take off and I mean the film company's are they willing to put it out there

Now we have Dolby Vision to add to it even making it more expensive
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants