Groups

Whats the point?! ....

Whats the point of reserving items in Argos?
    I checked online to buy my daughter a ps2 game for her birthday, none in stock at my local store.
    I reserved it at the nearest store where the product was available, 20 miles away.
    I drove the 20 miles to collect my item..........you guest it, not in stock!!!
    The spotty lad said, ''its available in the store where you live...''
    I drove 20 miles back to my local store....and paid £8 for the game.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

22 Comments

calm yourself

i live opposite a Argos and Asda.

t0mm;1870340

Why is he a 'spotty ****? It's not his fault the system told you it was … Why is he a 'spotty ****? It's not his fault the system told you it was in stock. Blame Argos themselves, not their employees.A 30 second phonecall would have saved you a 40-mile round trip.

Maybe so but OP wasnt to know that the system would lie to him about his local store not being in stock so he had no reason to call.

Stupid you for not checking ya local store then!

No need to blame guy serving, and language.

Original Poster

t0mm;1870340

Why is he a 'spotty tw*t'? It's not his fault the system told you it was … Why is he a 'spotty tw*t'? It's not his fault the system told you it was in stock. Blame Argos themselves, not their employees.A 30 second phonecall would have saved you a 40-mile round trip.

I don't know why, why should i ring when i have already reserved it 3 hours before.
    Not the spotty ***** fault i know, but v ennoying

if you reserved it online did you check your reservation that it was definitely the correct store - if you did reserve at the store that was 20 miles away and have proof of your reservation you can contact argos and they will pay for your petrol expenses

Original Poster

Toybhoy;1870352

Maybe so but OP wasnt to know that the system would lie to him about his … Maybe so but OP wasnt to know that the system would lie to him about his local store not being in stock so he had no reason to call.

here here:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Alfonse;1870314

i live opposite a Argos and Asda.

hallellula, congrats:whistling:

skusey;1870365

here here:thumbsup:

I am the voice of reason afterall :thumbsup:

Argos Rage..........arrrrrrggggggh

Original Poster

Toybhoy;1870378

I am the voice of reason afterall :thumbsup:

Rep added, partner, come on you hoops

Technology is a marvelous thing!! :whistling:

Original Poster

do you know Mary Hinge?:whistling:

Banned

I'm still surprised that the sole workforce of Argos is now genitalia, they've got a scrotum doing the deliveries at my local.

Original Poster

JDeal;1870518

I'm still surprised that the sole workforce of Argos is now genitalia, … I'm still surprised that the sole workforce of Argos is now genitalia, they've got a scrotum doing the deliveries at my local.

Bless them all, probably doing a week in hand..........:oops:

i like to reserve stuff in argos then surf the screen with reservation numbers around mine, to see if anyone spotted a good deal for me to collect.

Original Poster

krjgreen;1870535

i like to reserve stuff in argos then surf the screen with reservation … i like to reserve stuff in argos then surf the screen with reservation numbers around mine, to see if anyone spotted a good deal for me to collect.

its you who had it!!!! Bar steward:p

The game probably came into stock in your local store after you had checked online. Stores do get delivery's, you know.

Original Poster

spladam;1870550

The game probably came into stock in your local store after you had … The game probably came into stock in your local store after you had checked online. Stores do get delivery's, you know.

Yeh, maybe they delivered the one i reserved? Thanks for being so knowledgeable:thumbsup:

I have heard if you get this a complaint to the manager normally gets a 'goodwill' voucher. Did you try for one?

Original Poster

dealtaker;1870656

I have heard if you get this a complaint to the manager normally gets a … I have heard if you get this a complaint to the manager normally gets a 'goodwill' voucher. Did you try for one?

no, probably out of stock?

Admin

Please keep the bad language out of this discussion :thumbsup:
    OP Edited to remove unfiltered words.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764198
      2. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1523
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?29132

See more discussions